#77

Donnie's mind was caught in white and purple light. He felt light, but was restless. He knew he shouldn't have been here. The light held him tight and wouldn't let go. Images flash before his eyes. Mikey and Raph. Unconscious and wounded.

Leo.

Leo's eyes staring at him fearfully. He was afraid… of him? He heard his own voice.

"You bloody traitor."

Was it true? 

Where was Shiro? He couldn't feel her flame anymore! Concentration! Focus!

A Katana raised against Leo! NO! Donnie's consciousness jerked forward, wanting to prevent it by force.

A searing pain, in his chest, colored the world black, and he slipped away again.

Two opponents, swords drawn, bodies tensed, watched each other. One calm and cold, the other agitated and desperate. An unequal fight. 

And yet here they were. In a world of injustice, knew no pity, showed no mercy. Since the beginning of time, such wars have been fought, in which good lost and evil won. Everyone had to be willing to pay the price of having their own will, of standing by their beliefs, of not giving up in the face of hopelessness.

And Leo didn't give up.

He attacked.

Leo jumped forward and threw his Katana, which his opponent dodged and started to jump in turn.

The blue one closed his hand again and was behind him in the next second. So THAT still worked! He stroked at his ancestor, but he dodged cleverly after noticing him out of the corner of his eye, and let his sword slash down at Leo himself.

Leo parried with one Katana and stabbed with the other. But then a purple flicker flared up and in the next moment the samurai had a shield in his hand! Purple, transparently glowing, and then manifest! Leo's sword slammed into it and slid down the side to hit the ground.

The turtle looked at the shield in surprise and then raised his gaze. Two cold eyes stared back.

A jolt went through Leo's body as the samurai swung his shield in a bow and slammed it with the edge against Leo's face, made the shield disappear and started to attack himself, while Leo caught himself backwards with a new wound on his temple.

Their swords banged against each other. They glowed blue and purple, leaving shining streaks in the air. Leo took everything with him into this fight, his desperation, his sadness, his anger. Ready to make it as difficult as possible for his opponent. He was as fast as ever, throwing his Katana, getting chased, dodging, parrying, and striking when needed.

But it was hopeless. The samurai gave the impression that this was an easy practice round for him. He dodged, parried, and with every attack he cornered Leo further. As if he wanted to test, read and understand him.

He was endowed with a power of one in two Ninpo, and experience in combat far beyond Leo's.

Leo felt so powerless, so slow. He struggled, and blood and sweat mingled on his skin, stinging his eyes. With a scream, he lunged at the enemy in his brother's body. Who dodged it with an almost casual movement, while rotating his body and swinging his sword.

A sharp pain shot through Leo's leg, and he cried out, as he buckled with his wounded leg. Far away he heard Raph's call, which turned into a scream of pain and driven by fear for his brother, Leo wanted to jump up again when he felt cold metal at the side of his neck.