#45

"You're not really tired, are you?" Shiro sat on Donnie's bed and looked at him. She already knew the answer. She touched the bracelet. It had clung to her wrist like a mix of metal and fabric. It felt unique.

"No." was the simple answer, he knew she knew the answer. He placed his gauntlet on the desk and rubbed the skin of his left forearm.

"Then you're only here because... I'm keeping you from something, aren't I? You could be now with Raph and Leo..." the young woman suddenly felt like ballast and looked at the floor.

"What? Are you crazy?" Donnie sat down next to her. "Everything in this world keeps me from you. I..." he struggled for words as she lifted her gaze to him, "Shiro... I thought I lost you. I thought you were... when the water drained, and you were in my arms, I thought..." he couldn't bring himself to say it now, it was pure horror.

She noticed how upset he suddenly felt and remembered losing consciousness underwater.

"You thought I was dead."

Donnie shuddered as she said it. He shook his head and looked at his hands. The images that now surfaced in his memory were all too clear

"NO! Stay here! STAY WITH ME!"

"Donnie," Shiro whispered, turned completely to face him and touched his cheek to be able to look at him. The flame lit up, and she felt his fear and desperation from that night.

"Donnie, I'm here." she smiled at him. Then his facial features became soft and longing. He smiled back and on a sudden impulse he took her waist with both hands and slowly and carefully lifted her onto his lap. Her eyes widened, and again he saw her silent 'Oh' as she held onto his arms. The affection that flowed through him replaced fear and despair.

Now their faces were almost even, and he brushed her hair back from her face as he continued

"Right. You are here. And do you know what the odds were that you are here? That you are with me? That we even met? It borders on the impossible, that you are here. You know, I don't believe in miracles..."

"Donnie..." Shiro reached up to his face and let her hands slide to the back of his head.

"Ssh, no. Let me finish." he felt her warm skin beneath the fabric of her shirt and ran his hands down her waist to her upper back as he spoke. "You are here. With me. And I can't think of anything better than to hold you in my arms. If I had my way, I would spend all my time with you, and only external circumstances compels me not to kiss and touch you twenty-fourseven and not rip your clothes off at any moment."

She looked at him speechless. He was so close, his words were balm to her sudden insecurity. And he was right: It was almost impossible for them to be here together, and yet it was like that.

Gratitude filled her. How could she be so lucky? It was as if her life had taken a 180-degree turn, and she had landed in a world she thought she would never get to experience. She just has to enjoy every second that she has been allowed to be in this world. She shook her head with a smile, and tiredness took hold of her thoughts again.

"Thanks Donnie." Shiro pulled herself towards him and gave him a gentle kiss.

He could feel the flame shining brightly. He returned the kiss and continued to let his hands slowly slide along her body. She just felt too good!

Shiro felt his hands on her back and hips and how the touch became more demanding. They parted their lips simultaneously, and again a shiver went through them. The intensity increased, Donnie slipped his hands under her shirt and Shiro couldn't suppress a soft moan.

"Fuck... Shiro..." Donnie whispered and was about to pick her up and put her on the bed when she broke away from him and said

"These external circumstances that prevent you from ripping my clothes off...?"

He swallowed hard. They both watched as the purple and white flames died down.

"Yes?" said the purple one, breathing heavily, eyes glowing.

"I suggest we clear them up or eliminate them as soon as we can." her gaze was pure temptation

"Oh god... yes!"