#56

Leo woke up earlier than usual. As soon as his consciousness could form a clear thought, his sleep was over. Today is the day he finally got to train with Shiro! After seeing her use Donnie's powers yesterday, he wondered if she was affecting his own as well.

He tried not to get his hopes too high. Because the connection between his brother and this unusual woman was unique – apart from the fact that the two were head over heels in love with each other.

But either way: she had to show him how she could be so fast, and no Ninpo was necessary for that. It was going to be a great day!

Leo stretched and got up to get dressed.

Shiro sat in the kitchen with Raph. They ate breakfast, and she read through the rest of the printouts from the mystic library.

"I have the feeling the guy was kind of insane," Shiro said, putting the last print aside and biting into her banana

"Totally. He was incredibly in love and was immensely disappointed. Maybe he lost his mind about that and that's why he freaked out about it?"

"It seems that way, doesn't it? He really cursed everything and everyone. Even his own child…”

"Maybe he didn't know about the child." said Raph

Shiro looked up, her eyes caught Raph's. She had never thought of that, and she raised her eyebrows. Still, she had doubts and looked at the prints lying around.

“He had shared his Ninpo with her – and hers turned white. Just like mine…”

"Like a prism." came from the door

Shiro and Raph turned their heads to see Donnie standing inside. He seemed rested but thoughtful, came in to them and sat down next to Shiro. She felt his hand slide up her back to her neck and rest there. They felt the flame, he smiled down at her, and she smiled up at him. 

“Well, you now have a small selection of clothes. Are you up to something?"

Shiro was wearing a tight, black tank top and the pants with the tight cuffs at the ankles. She was barefoot as always.

Shiro opened her mouth to answer, but someone forestalled her

"You bet!" Leo stood in the door.

Shiro started to grin and bit into her banana again. Donnie looked at her and saw her eyes light up. Mixed feelings overcame him. He wanted her to be careful, not overdo it, and take care of herself. And secretly he wanted her to spend her time with HIM – but from the light in her eyes he knew she just had to train. It was in her blood, and he couldn't meet her need, as much as he wished he could. A pang of jealousy ran through him, and she turned her head towards him. Their eyes met, and she saw through him, like always.

Shiro leaned towards Donnie, holding the back of his head, and whispered to him

"All training rounds in the world can't compete with single dance with you."

Donnie's heart leaped, and he gave her a grateful smile as she pulled away and began clearing away her dishes. She winked at him and his smile widened.

"So! Enough with the sweet whispering! Shiro, LET'S GO!"

She turned to Leo with a surprised face.

"Don't you want to have breakfast…?"

"Frills! I don't need that, come on!"

Shiro shook her head with a smile and looked at Raph and Donnie.