#5

"Where did he go?!" Raph looked at Leo sitting on the floor. He saw the confusion and anger on his face and knew that these same feelings also reflected his condition.

It seemed like a straightforward mission. Just a common thief. A simple theft. Nothing special. They were only there because Leo didn't want to lose the game…
They all completely underestimated the situation and only intervened half-heartedly. Raph frowned: you should have listened to your intuition! That weird hunch as they gave chase. HE should have listened. He was the eldest brother, HE has to take care of his younger siblings!

"Raph! I am sorry! So sorry, sorry, sorry!" Mikey faced him and couldn't stop apologizing. He had put Raph through the wringer with his nunchaku. But nothing serious had happened, also because Mikey had reacted so quickly - they had just lost time. 

And now - the thief was gone!

“It's okay, Mikey - we didn't see that coming. Neither do I, although I HAD to!”
He put his hand on Mikey's shoulder soothingly and clenched his other on the last words. 

He looked at Leo, who stood up, stared thoughtfully at his sword and didn't say a word. That was very unusually!

"Wait!" Raph raised his eyebrows, "We can still get him! Donnie's tracker!"

He looked around.

"Where's Donnie?"

Mikey's face suddenly showed deep concern, and he bubbled out

"Oh no! Do you think the thief has him...?" just the thought was too painful for the youngest brother. He couldn't finish the sentence and looked at Raph with anxious eyes.

Raph picked up his communicator on his wrist.

"Donnie? Where are you?!"

A brief rustle and an anxious look between the youngest and the oldest - then: relief.

"I've taken up pursuit of the suspect!" they could hear by his breathing that he was running. “Through a scan, I was able to find a shortcut. I will now put my communicator on silent to thwart detection. I will contact you guys asap when I got him! Donnie out!"

He spoke so fast it seemed to be almost a single word. Leo awoke from his present state, rushed to Raph and grabbed his wrist, which Mikey had also grabbed. At the same time, all three brothers shouted in confusion

“DONNIE NO WAY! Didn't you see what happened? YOU ARE WAITING FOR US! WHERE ARE YOU?!"

"Donnie! PLEASE COME BACK!"

"Donnie, wait! This is a woman! There is something up with her!"

Mikey's and Raph's heads jerked at Leo and they both said in unison

"A woman?"

There was no reply from Donnie. He hadn't heard them.