#95

"Donnie…"

"No."

Shiro was standing in the doorway of Donnie's room, he was sitting at his desk looking at the pictures and data from his and Leo's created ring and didn't even turn to look at her.

She frowned but said nothing. His statement was unequivocal.

"Okay…" she whispered, turned back and walked out.

Donnie didn't move and began playing back the data sequence of his recording from the beginning.

Both felt the flames flicker.

"Donnie…"

"No."

Leo stood in Donnie's door and looked at his twin, and his gaze moved to the monitor that showed the ring they had both created.

Unlike Shiro, he simply ignored Donnie's statement and stepped behind his brother. Donnie groaned and rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Leo, I said…"

“Did she tell you what she saw in the ring? Or in your Ninpo?” Leo asked in a low voice.

Donnie pressed his lips together. He had told Leo that in her last moments, Shiro could cast her gaze into Donnie's Ninpo, just like with his brothers, and although he had kept his story brief and only used a few short words, his brother had gotten an idea of how much was beyond that moment.

"No. She did not. She's just so damn…"

"… stubborn." Leo finished the sentence for Donnie, who sighed deeply and let his shoulders sag.

"Maybe there wasn't anything special, nothing else to see then…" Leo thought aloud and went to Donnie's bed to sit on it. His gaze grazed the dents in the wall.

"Yes, maybe." said Donnie, turned his desk chair to Leo and crossed his arms over his chest.

They both looked at each other and knew it wasn't true. Something was going on inside her, and both brothers felt it in different but clear ways.

“She doesn't want to train. It's like she shies away from it, Donnie." said Leo suddenly.

They frowned. It was almost unthinkable for them that Shiro would turn down a round of sparring.

"Her Ninpo is doing something to her… it's like she's insecure, off balance… like she…" Leo continued while shaking his head in disbelief

"… like she's scared." stated Donnie.

The twins let the words sink in, looking thoughtfully at the floor and then into each other's eyes. Leo thought back to his words to the unconscious Donnie. Does he know something, If yes, what? His twin suspected a lot of what was going on in Leo, he was aware of that. But Donnie found it difficult to read emotions in others. Only with Shiro was it easy for him. Leo swallowed uncertainly.

"I would go with her and am seriously considering just doing it." said Donnie suddenly. Leo looked surprised.

"She's not going to like that at all." he said, knowing that was an absolute understatement.

"She's not the only one who can do whatever she wants." growled Donnie angrily.

"That's true, but then you have to deal with the consequences." Leo answered and had to look at the dents behind him again.

Donnie saw Leo glance over his shoulder. He had already repaired the headboard of the bed, but he still had to knock out the dents from the other side. His anger and desperation came to mind as he had slammed his fists into the steel wall, and suddenly he realized that he would never endure such a state again. Not being able or worst… allowed to be close to Shiro.