#11

"Oh no!"

Donnie grasped the situation in an instant. A large fresh water supply pipe must have been damaged in the collapse and is now flooding the lower levels - it had reached them now and was rising steadily.

He looked over at her - She has lifted his Bo to her chest. A reflex to want to hold on to something. That's when he noticed the white curving lines joining the purple glow of his staff. That came from HER! His brows rose - but he quickly pushed the thought aside. They need to get out of here asap.

Above all, he thought to himself, SHE has to get out of here!

"A fresh water line must..." he began

"... must have been damaged by the collapse and is now flooding the levels below. I know. Did you see the mobile water pumps earlier? There was a problem here before with what it seems"

The turtle was momentarily flabbergasted. She had repeated his thoughts almost exactly. However, she had included the pumps in the calculation. She had an extremely keen perception.

"Right. We need to get out of here asap!"

"But we can't use the Bo. I am afraid that our dome is too fragile."

Donnie had his doubts, but she was right. It wasn't worth the risk considering he already had an alternative plan.

"You've got a plan." she stated, her eyes wide with shock, her hands still gripping the Bo tightly, but her voice was firm. The water had already reached her hips, and the blood from her wound drew small rippling lines through it. It was very cold.

"I have." He nodded. She has remarkable self-control

Donnie raised his left arm and activated his gauntlet. He unmuted the communicator and raised his wrist higher.

"To all! Donnie here! Can anybody hear me? I repeat: can anybody hear me?"

There was a short rustle and turtle and human looked at each other. Then all hell broke loose, and it got VERY loud.

"DONNIE, OH MY GOD, YOU LIVE!"

"DONNIE, WHERE ARE YOU?"

"DEE! I... *heavy sobs* Dee!"

"DONATELLO! YOU LIVE! YOU WILL GET YOUR BUTT KICKED!!"

Donnie grimaced.

She couldn't help but smile. Those were the other turtles from earlier. They must be very close. And the voice of a woman was also there. Is there a female turtle too?

"SILENCE!" exclaimed Donnie, "We have no time! April? Raph?"

"Yes!" at the other end, it was clear to everyone that the danger was not yet over, and the smile from the young woman faded away.

Donnie began typing on his display, the scan performed, and a hologram of their surroundings appeared over his gauntlet.

"We are about 14 meters underground from the grundfloor of the collapsed building. The lower parking decks were also destroyed, as well as a water supply line, and now our shelter is being flooded. We're trapped and have..." he typed again, "2 minutes and 23 seconds until we're completely underwater. You have to find a way to us IMMEDIATELY!"

"To us?" Leo, incorrigible as he was, had to chat in between.

"Yes, to US, Leo! We have no time!"

"You mean SHE doesn't have time! Because of HER, you are in this trouble!"

Donnie was on the verge of losing his composure. He had to make it crystal-clear to his brothers that EVERY second counted.

"Leonardo. Now listen to me VERY CAREFULLY: She saved my life and I will save hers no matter what the cost! I repeat: WE don't have time! So hurry up!"