#62

Three brothers were sitting in the kitchen. They ate breakfast – one of them extensively – and they were excited to see what the day would bring.

"Maybe she changed her mind." Mikey said with a worried look and checked the clock on the wall

"If it were, we respect that too." replied Leo with his mouth full

"I don't think she changed her mind. She was just up too late." said Raph while scrolling through his phone

"How do you know... Oooooooh! Are you serious?!" Leo looked wide-eyed as he nudged Mikey in the side. Raph wished he'd shut up

"Leo, calm down. Donnie's and my room are far apart on that train. I just woke up in between and…”

Mikey had stopped chewing his fruit loops and was staring at Raph, frozen.

"What?!" Leo almost jumped with curiosity

“Leo, now PLEASE calm down! I just saw the glow from those flames in the distance, okay?" Raph shook his head, annoyed. Leo was such a gossip sometimes.

Mikey swallowed his loops, and Leo's curiosity was unbroken.

"Donnie."

A whisper in his dreams made Donnie's self slowly rise to the surface. He knew that voice. He knew who the voice belonged to. He had known her forever, she was etched into his self with a flame that promised infinity. She was the light in his life.

"Donnie, wake up."

He felt her hands on his skin. Oh, he didn't want to open his eyes. He wanted to hear that voice and feel those hands forever.

"Donnie, come on."

"Hmmm…"

Donnie reached out in the direction Shiro's voice was coming from. Ah, there he had her. She was such a lightweight, he pulled her towards him with no effort and embraced her.

"Donnie!" amused outrage

"Shiro…." drunk with sleep and love

"Donnie, you need to wake up. The others are probably already awake.”

"Nope. I want to lie here with you forever, please."

Shiro sighed.

"Oh Donnie…" she wrapped her arms around him and rested her forehead against his plastron.

He felt the flame flicker, opened his eyes and looked down at her.

"Did I… say something wrong?"

She shook her head without looking at him. Worry flooded through him, and he sat up with her. He was sitting cross-legged now, she in his lap, her legs around his waist, she wore black workout clothes again. She still didn't look at him.

"Hey Shiro." he took her chin and lifted her head up to him. She looked at him, and he saw all of her love and her fear of losing him. But she collected herself and put her finger over his mouth.

"No, you said something exactly right. Everything with you is like a beautiful dream.” she smiled at him.

Donnie returned her smile and brushed her hair back from her face.

"It's good that you're awake now. Today will be a long day." she smiled uncertainly at him and stood up.