#22

April had quickly figured out how to make the big display disappear (wipe away) and was still angry at Leo and his stupid action and angry because he now had an argument that it had at least made a positive difference. Something changed Splinter's mind, and that was the most important thing for now.

They had searched the bag with the torn clothes. Hoping for THE quick answer to all of this here. But only two small metal plates, each with a hole in the middle and Japanese characters on them, fell into their hands.

A quick internet search revealed it was probably some kind of currency. Nothing mystical, nothing special. Old coins, nothing more.
And otherwise there had been nothing else in the clothes. No ID, no key, no cell phone. Nothing that suggested the identity of the young woman. She was still a complete mystery to them.

April was more frustrated than she had been in a long time.

Now the only four of them were sitting there, and they were tired and exhausted from the events of the last few hours. A huge mountain of unanswered questions loomed in front of them, and those who remained here were the least able to shed light on the darkness.

Leo sat on the couch stunned, staring at the floor. Mikey yawned and Raph rubbed his forehead.

"Guys." April said, checking the time, “I have to go to work soon. After that I'll sleep for one hour or two, and then I'll come back and bring clothes for the girl."

The brothers nodded in unison. They were tired too. April stretched, already trying to figure out what work to put off. A few hours and she'd be here again.

"Raph. Take this and take care of it. We'll show it to Splinter and Donnie when I get back, and we can all think straight again, ok?"

She gave him the coins, after she made a picture of them.

"Okay April. Are you getting along?" he took them slowly and looked at her with a worried look.

"Of course Raph. Y'all go and sleep. I think we're just at the very beginning of something we don't understand yet. You need to rest."

Mikey was already up and shuffling towards the bathroom, and Raph started to follow him.

"Let me know if you…" he said to April with a little turn.

"I will, sleep tight, Raph." she waved him off and the red one walked behind his youngest brother with the coins in his hand.

April watched him go and hoped they wouldn't be in for any crazy surprises when she came back. She looked at Leo, who was standing on the side, and avoided eye contact.

"Leo, you go to sleep too."

"I'm really sorry, April," he said 

"Don't tell me, tell Donnie."

Leo swallowed hard and turned to leave.

"And Leo...?"

He looked up hopeful, dying for a word of forgiveness.

"Do me a favor, and please don't. do. anything. stupid!"

The blue one dropped his head and took off.