#63

"You guys are so amazing!"

"WICKED!"

“You came up with the drama extra, didn’t you? You guys are such big goofs!"

"ULTRA WICKED!"

"Look at this freaky ring…"

The group gathered around Leo and Donnie, and everyone was talking wildly. Shiro stood in front of Donnie and Leo and held them both by their arms. Her eyes were filled with joy and overwhelm.

“And I've already died of bad conscience! I thought, I completely stomped your morale in the ground with my idea! Oh, you are so GOOD! So BRILLIANT!" she was literally bubbling over and quickly hopping from one foot to the other. Leo and Donnie looked down at her and could only smile broadly.

“You MUST tell me how it went and how you…”

“Perhaps we should take care of this ring first…? Said April while she looked at it.

“Yeah oh! The ring! Yes!" Shiro looked excited from Leo to Donnie to the ring and back again, eyes wide open and apparently without clue what to do now. Leo laughed and ruffled her hair.

"Heeeey!" she protested, laughing and pushed Leo's hands away, who then joined the others with a big smile.

Donnie had to grin, she looked so vulnerable and silly again. All her sovereignty was buried in a mountain of surprise and relief. He took her and pulled her to him.

"You're so cute when you're taken by surprise." he said to her

“Me? Cute? I… am…!” she cleared her throat and said very seriously, "Excuse me, we have to take care of this ring now!"

"Of course, my dearest." Donnie confirmed and brushed the wild strands of hair out of her face with a grin. Together, they both turned to the ring, which was still floating in the room. It was about 5 meters in diameter and hung vertically in the air. The others stood around it at a distance and watched it with interest.

Shiro walked around it once and stopped at Donnie again. Then she got very close to it and looked up at the swirling purple and blue lights. A deep hum arose from it. It seemed to continuously twist and turn on itself. She very slowly raised her hand and brought it close to the swirling glow and felt the vibration in the air.

"Shiro…" she heard Raph say. She nodded and stepped back again to Donnie’s side, who let his held breath escape quietly.

"What did you do to him while you were practicing?" she asked him and also looked over at Leo

“To be honest, he disappeared on his own. This is the third time we've even managed to do it. The first time, we were a little… uh… scared." said Leo and grinned

"YOU were scared! I wasn't." corrected Donnie

"And now he's stable? That's interesting…” Shiro mumbled

Donnie had flipped his googles down and was also walking a few steps to examine the ring from the side.

"And Donnie?" said April

“It's made of energy that seems to connect and disconnect over and over again. The atomic density is unstable, and I can detect a slight breaking of the space continuum. Also… Matter appears to arise at the edges, but also to disappear again. It's… very extraordinary."

"What do we do with it now?" Mikey asked the group, "Can we keep it?"

"Mikey…" Raph shook his head

Everyone looked at Shiro who had her arms crossed and her right hand under her chin. She looked very thoughtful, but then noticed the silence and looked back in surprise.