#33

"Draxum, what do you mean? If there is hope, tell us your plan!" April was the first to find her voice.

"O'Neil, turn on your wits. If their ancestors can break her will, then of course it can also work in the opposite direction.” Draxum stood up and turned as he addressed his words to April

"… you mean?"

"She can defeat them."

The Hamatos looked at each other. They knew what the power of ancestors was like, and this plan seemed almost hopeless to them. Almost.

Splinter looked at Draxum with doubts, but recognized his train of thought. She had to stop fleeing and start fighting.

This really was the plan with the least chance of success, and he sighed.

“Sooooo, to recap, we have a severely injured Kuraiko-Hamato here who is being hunted by her insane, vengeful Kuraiko ancestors in her dreams and descendants in the conscious world, but unable to control her own powers and the only way of preventing her death or amnesia is that she break the wills of all her maddened black magic possessed ancestors? That's about right, yes?" Leo summed up

"Uhu." nodded Mikey

"Sounds right to me." Raph grabbed a slice of cold Pizza

“Good summary Leo. So where do we start?” April putted her hands on her hips

Stunned, the young woman was still sitting on the couch. The conversation of the others overwhelmed her. She was used to working things out on her own, and now she almost felt left out. Draxum's words, on the other hand, had a powerful effect on her. She thought she had judged him correctly, but he had apologized to her!! She was taken aback, and her head was spinning. What happened here? Everything was changing so fast, and she could hardly keep up. Hope and despair alternated and her path, which had been so clear until then, was now vague and uncertain. How should she set her steps correctly? Choose her choices? Everything was messed up!

She raised her hands to her head as if the gesture would stop her spinning thoughts. She closed her eyes. The others were so loud!

Then she felt two gentle hands on hers, which led her away from her head and clasped her tightly. She opened her eyes and felt the flame dissipate the confusion.

"Donatello" she smiled

“I will now treat your wound. May I help you up?"

Her eyebrows drew together in relief.

"Yes, please."

"Hey, Dee, what are you doing?" Leo asked as Donnie headed for the door with the young woman bridal style in his arms.

"Since you are all busy making decisions about how to proceed and disregarding her, I assume you no longer need her presence, and so I will clean and redress her wound. If someone could organize fresh clothes and painkillers, that would be superb. We'll come back when you've decided everything, and we can listen carefully without protesting." Sheer sarcasm dripped from his words.

And so he left the room with her. 

"Bam!" Mikey said quietly. Guilty looks were exchanged.

"I'll get the clothes and pills" April said with an embarrassed smile and left as well

Draxum joined Splinter at his side, chuckling and crossing his arms as he watched Donatello and the young woman leave.

"These two are made for each other." he said

"I'm afraid so too…" was Splinter's answer.

“She is extraordinary.”

Splinter frowned and looked up at Draxum.

He smiled

"I like her."