#57

"Raph Raph Raph!"

Raph choked on his coffee and looked at Mikey, who stormed into the kitchen.

"WHAT, Mikey?!"

“You have to see this! Where's Donnie!?"

Shiro felt alive and unleashed. This sword, with this energy, was a true marvel and wielding it was a feeling of power that flowed through her from head to toe.

She and Leo chased each other around the training hall, and it was like a game of cat and mouse, with the roles constantly being switched. He brought her to her limits, and she rejoiced inwardly at this feeling.

Leo saw the marks on the blade of his sword in Shiro's hand begin to light up. He deliberately didn't use the ability to teleport, this was a traditional sword fight, and he didn't want to use a trick to disarm her.

He leaped after her as she dove up the gallery. She turned and drew, he leaned back, the blade whistling overhead, and went straight into counterattack, pushing off with his free hand, which he had been leaning on the ground with, jumped up and brought the sword down on her with both hands.

Shiro parried, twisting her wrist, and Leo thrust past her as his feet hit the ground… as if in slow motion, he saw her continue her pivoting motion and grab his sword arm with her free hand, just like at their race to the training hall earlier. She gave him a swing forward.

Leo reacted and rolled as he fell headfirst off the gallery to land on his feet. He turned and looked up, Shiro now had both hands on the sword hilt and had raised it over her head in a relentless attack on the turtle. Leo parried at the last second and Shiro landed, preventing Leo from taking her blow to the side by clashing the hilts of the swords together with a forward thrust.

So they stood, swords crossed, both breathing deeply, sweat running down their bodies.

Leo wasn't worried for a second that Shiro could seriously hit him. Her skills were indescribable and while the blades were sharp, it was like a game that they both enjoyed.

They looked into each other's eyes and started to smile. The blades began to shine, the marks now glowed clearly. Leo felt the twist and at that moment the Hamato symbol lit up in front of his chest, like when they caught Raph falling down the waterfall. He looked down with a surprised face.

Shiro's eyes widened when she noticed, and she looked down too. ‘The Ninpo when awakened!’ the thought jumped into her head.

They lowered the swords and stood in front of each other, breathless, She looked up again and their gazes met. That's when it happened.

Shiro raised her left hand and guided it to the glowing Hamato symbol hovering over Leo's chest. Very slowly. The white sparks reappeared around her, and her hair rose as if in weightlessness.

Leo followed her movement, eyes wide open, speechless. His stripes began to glow, and so did her lines. Shiro's hand hovered over the symbol, and she paused and looked at Leo. He understood that she would not continue without his permission.

The blue one swallowed and nodded.

Shiro put her hand on the symbol. White lines curled around her fingers. They began to squirm around the clan symbol, light and weightless. Small white sparks formed and swirled with the lines. Shiro closed her eyes and was drawn into a blue glow. Everything appeared in her. ALL of Leo's Ninpo. ALL possibilities. ALL skills. Like a glimpse into the future. She saw it glow within herself and realized that she was like a lens, absorbing Leo's Ninpo and reflecting it a thousandfold.