#35

As the kiss deepened, so did the desire, and Donnie was suddenly overcome with a passion that almost surprised him. But when he slid his hands down her back and reached under her to pick her up and to wrap her legs around him, she winced in pain. Her wound was still exposed. And so they were forced to let go of each other, and in their haste they did not notice the rapidly dying flames.

“Oh shit shit shit! Sorry!”

He lowered her back onto the table and stepped back a bit. The turtle was heartbroken as he watched her fought down the pain with closed eyes and controlled breaths. His left hand was still on her waist. Her right hand held his upper arm, and the other gripped her injured thigh.

“I... Oh no. Please excuse me! I was... I was... errrm..."

Her eyes were still narrowed, but she had to grin again.

"Yeah, what were you?" she glanced at him

"I…" he grinned back. "I just wanted to…" he felt her hand on his skin and had an urgent need to rip the clothes off her body. His hand crumpled the fabric at her waist and tugged. They looked at each other and something in them charged. He saw something new in her eyes, and she in his.

Donnie let his gaze slide down her arm still holding her leg and was just wondering if the pain had eased enough and if it would irritate her if he just ripped the hoodie apart. Then he saw April's deposited piles of clothes at the foot of the operating table.

She followed his gaze, which totally went astray.

"Oh damn" he said aghast.

She stifled her laughter.

Donnie saw an endless stream of awkward comments and winks coming his way. Oh, Leo would go crazy with joy! His twin will take EVERY chance to shame him!

"What's that face you're doing?" she spluttered, and Donnie looked at her again. There she  saw it in his eyes. Uncertainty. His brothers. His twin? Her face grew serious.

Donnie saw that she understood.

"You don't know how to deal with this situation towards your family…" she put his feelings into words

"Leo will just take EVERY opportunity to make stupid comments…" he groaned

"How old is he? 14?” 

"When it comes to that subject… probably, yes."

She looked at him and smiled with confidence.

"I'm sure we can change that." 

He raised his eyebrows, fully aware that she was repeating his words from earlier, and she smiled at him.
She felt liberated, her will have returned, something was unleashed inside her. Confusion over the connection to this turtle has given way to radical acceptance. She felt that some things fell into place.

Donnie noticed the change. She had plucked up courage. He couldn't help but smile back.

"We shouldn't keep the others waiting any longer." she said and started to take off the hoodie.

Donnie's gaze followed her movements, and he now saw the fine, white lines on her upper arms. The shirt's large neckline had slipped to the side, and he was staring at her collarbone and shoulder as she laid the hoodie aside. He swallowed hard and took a step closer to her and grabbed her hips with both hands.

"Stop that right now." he said with a trembling voice.

She felt his hands and looked up at him. He was very close, and there was a wild passion in his eyes that he was having an obvious effort to suppress. She couldn't resist the impulse to play with it.

"Why…?" she asked and indicated that she also wanted to take off her shirt. He looked down at her hands and she could see him swallow again.

"Because otherwise the others will have to wait much longer" his voice dropped to a dark whisper as he slid his hands up her waist a few inches, underneath her shirt. Donnie could feel her skin and muscles, and he felt an insane desire for her.

She smiled at him, ran her hands under his chin and brought his face to hers. He closed his eyes and was about to rip the shirt apart when she stopped just before their lips met.

"Then please be so kind and put a new plaster on my wound before you wait for me outside." she whispered.

"Oh…. YOU!"