#92

“And then that stupid bitch just pushed that coin on Donnie's plastron! It was such a damned trap!" said Leo and took a bite from his slice. He was glad Mikey had ordered double the usual amount. They were all starving and finally had the strength to tell each other what had happened.

"So she had taken your ancestor's spirit into Donatello's body." Draxum said, nodding, adding to Donnie, "It's actually impossible that your own spirit stayed in your body. Under different circumstances, your ancestor would have possessed him completely. You were lucky that Shiro's plan had benefits for you too."

Donnie raised an eyebrow.

"Wait a minute, what plan?" said Raph and looked puzzled.

"I… hm…" Shiro started with her mouth full, and she looked up at Donnie, who was sitting next to her.

Suddenly, everyone was looking intently at Shiro and Donnie. 

Donnie stared at Shiro.

"The orb." he just said and she nodded.

"What orb…?" said Leo and Shiro started to grin.

"Tell you." she said to Donnie, "You're a lot better at explaining than me." and stuffed her mouth full again, grinning.

Donnie blushed, Draxum came to his aid.

“Donatello and Shiro were both fortunate that their respective consciousnesses could not be completely pushed out of their bodies. The ancestors had no chance to control them totally. It was an ingenious trick, our Shiro here, that she made her ancestors believing that she would fall for their false promise, allowing them to take over her body, so she could get their black energy."

"What false promise?" asked Mikey with wide eyes

"They promised me that they would let you all live if I…" she swallowed at the memory and didn't have to speak further. Everyone could guess and Draxum continued

“Of course, that was just a desperate attempt to force her to surrender! However, with the black energy thus acquired, she was able to face the descendants and the samurai with an appropriate weapon – although of course we knew nothing of Ikuto Hamato until then, when we performed the ritual at my house."

"Your black eyes!" exclaimed Raph, "We thought all was lost when you were finishing Draxum in the beginning."

Shiro gave Draxum an apologetic look. He shook his head.

"That was part of her plan." said Casey, “We had to make the descendants think everything worked out.”

"So that's how you got there!" Leo said to Casey and shook his head. Everything was slowly coming together

"Yeah, after I reached Donnie… and he didn't answer anymore…" Casey shot a look at Donnie, who ignored him. “I'll be back to Draxum quickly. It was pretty close!”

"It was." said Shiro and looked at Casey gratefully. Everything had been pretty close that night, it seemed to her.

"Now, what is this orb?" asked April, who had just become very curious about Donnie's reaction. He was suddenly unusually quiet.

Shiro wiped her mouth.

“The orb is a ball of light. Created from the same kind of sphere that you saw when I got the bracelet from Donnie… and that also saved us from under the collapsing building.

It is an energy composed of our two… entities. They complement each other. A fusion. We created the orb by charging the sphere. I compressed it, split it again – and gave it back to us. One is in me, one in Donnie. So we were 'occupied' and the ancestors couldn’t displace our consciousness." she explained, and April looked at Donnie, who avoided her gaze.