#6

"And then she just threw me my sword and claimed she isn't our enemy..."

Leo finished his brief report as they jumped onto the unfinished skyscraper to get a better view to find Donnie. He shook his head, still incredulous about what had happened. The strange feeling that had taken possession of him when they both looked into each other's eyes still had an effect. Something was going on, but he couldn't grasp the feeling. It kept slipping away from him like a dream you tried to remember but couldn't.

"Leo...?" Raph gave him an odd look, and the blue one realized he had paused. He shook his head and concentrated again

"Well, I think she'll still flee towards the bridge. Any purple light that way, Mikey?"

Raph left it at that, right now it was more important to help Donnie. But he noted that Leo hadn't told them everything - and this time he'll listen to his intuition! Only... later.

"I don't see anything..." Mikey said, disappointed, as the three peered over Harlem and a branch of the Harlem River. The town was relatively quiet at this hour and no sign of Donnie or the thief anywhere.

“This top giant DUMDUM! Why is he doing this idiotic solo effort?! I'll kick his ass if anything happens to him!" outraged Leo to put his concern aside, not realizing how contradictory his comment was.

Meanwhile, Mikey's concern grew. They weren't teenagers anymore, but he will forever be the most sensitive of the four brothers.

In his mind's eye, he saw the thief grabbing his Nunchaku out of the air and throwing it further. Without effort. She was so fast! And so his Nunchaku flew on at a speed that took his breath away and made one of his nightmares come true: he attacked his brother and couldn't do anything about it!

After all, he had been fast enough not to smash Raph into anything but keep him in the air until the speed dropped, and he was able to free himself without destroying Mikey's weapon. Small consolation, because they had now lost the thief and no one knew what kind of devilry she had in store for Donnie. Mikey was filled with worry.

Then again… he thought. She gave Leo his sword back. Didn't fight him. Didn't hurt him. Still, he wanted to find Donnie as soon as possible - he knew about his brother's stubbornness and could only hope that it didn't get him into anything worse. In the end, no stolen thing from the museum was worth the life of his brother.

A strong impulse to order help built up in him.

"Maybe we should ask April and Casey for help...?"

Raph and Leo looked at him. Leo nodded and Raph raised his left arm. The communicator flashed neon.

"April, Casey? Raph here. Can you hear me?"

April replied immediately. At the time, she was often up at night to do things for her job as a journalist that were left unattended during the day.

“Yay, Raph! What's up? Any trouble you want me to fix for you?" they heard her laugh.

“Yeah… um. April, indeed we... here, listen: we are here at 2nd Ave and E122nd Street and…”

And once again Raphael was robbed of his words that night. A shock wave went through the building on which they had moved into their vantage point on the 20th floor. It was a VERY strange feeling. A blast from inside the skyscraper that disregards the physics of walls, causing them to tremble without draining energy. The three turtles held onto the cold steel and stared at each other.

"Guys?!" April's voice was on instant alert. "What was that? GUYS?"

But no one answered her, the brothers stared over their heads where the wave lost towards the sky.

She glowed purple and white lines accompanied her.

Leonardo, Raphael and Michelangelo now knew where Donatello was. They looked at each other and felt, in sheer horror, the skyscraper begins to give way.