#93

"Draxum, hi… what have you got there?"

The Baron found Donatello and April together in the projector room. The two seemed to be plotting something conspiratorial. She had her laptop on her lap and in Donatello's transparent display over his gauntlet, Draxum could inversely read the words "Tomoe Gozen". He raised an eyebrow. Apparently all family members were back on their feet.

"I'm looking for Shiro." he said, "Do you know where she is?"

Now it was Donnie's turn to raise an eyebrow. He saw his father standing in the doorway with a long, cloth-wrapped package. There was something familiar about that package.

"What's in there?" April asked curiously.

"This is for Shiro." he said with an important expression.

"Come on, Barrie. You can tell us. Shiro will show us anyway.” April winked

Draxum saw that he wouldn't get any answers here unless he gave one himself, and turned to continue his search. As he walked away he just said over his shoulder

"You don't even believe that yourself, O'Neil."

Donnie and April exchanged a look.

"Shiro."

"Draxum."

He found her in Donatello's lab. She had obviously heard him coming, all monitors off, when he walked in and saw her sitting at the desk chair with a thoughtful face.

"I have something for you – if you want it." he said bluntly, noting with amusement how her expression turned to surprise. Her hair was a wild mess on her head, and she looked fit and healthy again. Still, he noticed a certain restlessness in her.

She got up and faced him, her gaze falling on the long package in his hands.

Draxum saw her eyes begin to shine. She stepped close to him and held her hand over the fabric. Inside, it began to glow purple.

Shiro looked up at him. He nodded, and she pushed back the panels of fabric. In his hands lay Ikuto Hamato's Katana and Wakizashi in their black-purple scabbards, glowing purple.

For a moment Shiro just looked at the two swords and Draxum started to wonder if that was really a good idea, so she took the swords slowly and weighed them in her hands.

He smiled down at her.

"You want them?" asked he.

She nodded.

“Good balance.” she answered with a crooked smile.

"Hey April, you're still here." Shiro walked into the projector room and was surprised. April had gone back to work, so she had proclaimed loudly that she would never ruin her sleep schedule like that again.

Donnie had April's phone in his hands. His gauntlet was activated, and he seemed very pleased with himself.

"What are you doing?" Shiro asked and let herself be infected by the mischievous mood of the two as she flopped down on the sofa next to Donnie and looked at his gauntlet with interest.

“April is still being monitored by those government jerks… I'm installing some programs on her phone that will prevent her from being tracked. In fact, due to a kind of feedback effect, they will only ever locate themselves. Delayed, of course. They never find anything that way, so to speak.” said Donnie with a thieving grin and did the final settings before handing the phone over to April. "Here you go. All done."