#3

"I'm sorry"

In one quick move, she blocked the turtle's Bo with her left forearm while simultaneously diving underneath. Clenching her left fist, she tensed and shoved the staff away. Prepared for this, the purple one used the power of her jab to spin around and tries to use the Bo to knock her off her feet. She saw the movement out of the corner of her eye, leaned her upper body back and his Bo missed - but her sprint was thwarted.

She straightened up in a flash while he was still in the spin movement and turned his back to her involuntarily. A hard smack on the back of the head - he'll see stars, and she might escape! But she hesitated, and at that moment she saw the turtle's right leg racing towards her head. Damned! She was just able to block with her right arm, and it hurt! This creature has a lot of power! She grimaced in pain and anger flinched inside her. Why was she hesitating?! There is not a single mistake I can afford if I want to fulfill my mission. And I MUST accomplish it - there is no plan B and failure leads to... her mind stopped here to keep her from panicking.

He was stronger than her - there was no question about it. But she was faster! She estimated the distance to the outside, she could make out the light from the streetlamps above the nearest ramp to the groundfloor. 50 meters maybe? She started to run when the turtle turned back to her and swooped down on her, holding his Bo with both hands.

She crouched, raised her hands and grasped the staff. The impact went through her whole body and the pain flared up suddenly. But she stood her ground and wrapped her fingers around the Bo and held him tight. She looked up and saw him in the eyes. His features were tense and filled with... pain? A rush of emotions swept through her and all of a sudden she realized: he's hesitating too! He could have defeated her, but he didn't!

And without her doing, tears welled up in her eyes. She doesn't want to fight him. She doesn't want to fight him for anything in the world. This has to stop.

"I..." she began, but something caught her attention.

Purple.

It glows purple!

Donnie's Bo had activated his mystic energy and illuminated both figures in neon purple light. On their faces, the pain gave way to utter surprise and their eyes widened. A crackling sound developed and turned into a hum, which became almost deafeningly loud within a few seconds. Donnie and the young woman looked at each other, both still clutching the Bo tightly, brows raised, mouths open.

BOOOOM!

A purple pressure wave came out of the Bo and threw human and turtle meters backwards. The wave continued to spread and immediately collapsed the nearest concrete pillars. The building shook as the shockwave spread throut it.

She scrambled to her feet, dazed and her head pounding. She tried to get up, but fell to her knees again, her hands on the floor for support. A rumble went through the building, and she looked up. Steel and concrete began to give way.

Chunks broke loose from the ceiling and caused the water to splash up all around. The Bo! She thought. Did it explode?!

She blinked in confusion. In the distance, the ramp to the groundfloor and the light of the streetlamps. There! COME ON!

But she hesitated again and looked back. The turtle was about 10 meters away. He was obviously unconscious. In the middle between them lay the Bo and still glowed purple. The ceiling began to collapse, and the whole building collapsed with it. This was a 30-floor tall building, and they were at the first basement.

Horror spread through her. He will die! And at that moment the movement and power came back into her body and she started to run.

It was surreal how steel and concrete lost their shapes. A roar accompanied by shrieks filled her ears as she rolled and picked the Bo up in one fluid motion without losing speed or breaking stride. Now there wasn't much space between her and the deadly gray avalanche above her. She felt a hot pain on her left thigh as a stolen piece tore her skin, and she couldn't care less.

Another two meters, then she was with him. She could see his face. It was like he was sleeping. Totally peaceful and relaxed. Warmth flared up inside her. Everything was in slow motion. Another meter. Black darkness arose around them. Running out of space, she slid the rest of the way onto her knees, got to him, bent over his plastron and head, closed her eyes and started screaming as she lifted the Bo over them both as if it were breaking the laws of physics force and would prevent the building from collapsing further.

Then - complete darkness.