#51

"I haven't found her."

Donnie came back into the projector room, where his brothers were now sitting over printouts of Leo's photos. He was very upset and kneaded his upper left arm. 

"Don't worry, Donnie. I'm sure she just needed a break." Mikey tried to calm his brother down.

"She's not 100% fit yet!"

“But 95% – and she was right earlier in the training hall. You can't take the responsibility for herself away from her."

"Oh, you guys sparred together?!" Leo felt a sting of jealousy. HE wanted to train with her for the first time.

"Nooo, I was just showing her how to use my Nunchaku with the Ninpo."

"And you almost hurt her in the process…" Donnie added with an accusing look

"Whaaat?" Leo's eyes widened

"Donnie! Now come down! She dodged with ease! It takes more than a Nunchaku thrown too fast to hurt Shiro! She's not made of porcelain, you know?"

"Yes Mikey. In fact, I know that she is not made of porcelain. Thank you very much for your hint." Donnie crossed his arms over his chest and glared at his younger brother. If anyone here knows what Shiro is made of, it's him!

"Dee…" Leo walked over to him and gave him a serious look but with a smile, "I know you want to protect her. In case you didn't notice, we all want that. But this girl is a total badass and is very good at taking care of herself."

Donnie's eyebrows drew together. Now he is also being taught by Leo… It was unbelievable.

"Just give her a call, Donnie." came Raph's voice from the sofa. He sat with the printout in his hand and hadn't even looked up.

Mikey and Leo gave him an irritated look, then it dawned on them. The bracelet!

"Yes, just call her and ask if everything is okay!" said Mikey

Donnie hesitated. Of course, he hadn't forgotten the bracelet. He could even track her easily, just like his brothers. They immediately saw his changed face.

"Oooooh, no! No, you don't!" said Leo

Donnie said nothing.

"Donnie, she'll kill you if she finds out about this." Raph has looked up after all

"What then? Find out what?” Mikey looked at Raph

"Donnie had put a tracker in Shiro's bracelet…"

“Raph! It's not that simple! The bracelet…" Donnie began with an indignant undertone

“I suggest you just give her a quick call and ask if everything is okay. Just like a normal, grown-up, non-controlling boyfriend would do. And then, can we PLEASE go back to this topic here?” Raph grew impatient.

They looked at Donnie expectantly and slightly annoyed. But he found the situation much more complicated than his brothers. He sighed, turned and walked into the hallway in front of the projector room and felt their eyes on his back until he had turned around the corner.

The purple one stopped, leaned his back against the wall and looked up at the ceiling.

He just wanted her to be with him. Close to him. Then everything was so easy and uncomplicated. Now she was out there somewhere in the night. What if the descendants of the Kuraiko were closer than Draxum thought? What if she gets involved in something else? Then he wasn't there to help her! Oh, damn. He felt the flame flicker and sighed again.

He knew he was a control freak, and he also knew he shouldn't try to control Shiro. But the impulse was there, and he found it difficult to deal with it. But if the others say a call was okay, then it was probably okay, right?