Regulus?.. :// J and W

Regulus ran until his legs, physically couldn't carry him any longer.

He reached the white glass door, hunched over sweat dripping down his face, his breathing short and ragged. With trembling hands he reached up to bang the knocker against the glass, only to withdraw his hand. He couldn't do this. Not today. Not to them. It was selfish and unruly. It just wasn't right. He didn't deserve to do this.

Regulus peered through a nearby window, a faint smile creeping on his lips. Sirius was standing on a ladder, giggling as he tried to place the star on the top of the Potter's Christmas tree. Although he was failing miserably. Regulus chuckled at this, his brother never had good coordination. Ever since they were little, their mother made them do all sorts of exercises that were meant to help posture. Sirius always ended up face-planting or tripping over his own shoes. Next to him was his boyfriend. Remus. Regulus liked Remus, they had become good friends, mainly through Sirius but also because of the fact that he Lily and Remus often studied together in the library. He was glad Sirius had Remus and vice versa, just like he had James and James had him. James was holding the ladder trying not to shake it even more with laughter at Sirius' shit balance and Euphemia and Fleamont were watching the whole ordeal unfold from the kitchen laughing quietly.

Suddenly, James looked out of the window. His face fell at the sight of his boyfriend, bloodied and bruised. Regulus turned away quick as anything and began running away from Potter Manor. He couldn't do this. Not to them. Not to Sirius. He figured he must've sprained his ankle along the way because with every stride there was a searing pain that shot through him. He heard his name being called, but he blatantly ignored it. He couldn't do this. Not to them. Not on Christmas. "Regulus!" James shouted running after his boyfriend. "Reggie. Stop!" Regulus kept running, his head was pounding, his feet screaming, his heart burning, yet he kept going. That was until he tripped, he just leaned back on a brick wall, not having the energy to run anymore. James soon appeared in front of him, his glasses askew on his face and mop of hair going every which way humanly possible. "Reggie, oh my merlin are you ok? Right of course you're not. Sorry, stupid question, why did you run?, what happened?." He sped through, now crouching down by Regulus, wiping dripping crimson from his nose with the pad of his thumb.

Regulus exhaled deeply before beginning to speak. "Well, right. Umm... well mother was in one of her moods because apparently someone mentioned Sirius running away at some fancy gala, and I started laughing and said "at least someone got out of hell." Let's just say she did not take that very well. I came here, but I just...I didn't want to burden you or your parents..or Sirius, so I ran. Then tripped over my own feet." He chuckled wetly, staring down at his now very swollen ankle. He'd definitely sprained it. James just looked at him the uttermost sympathy in his eyes, whilst pulling him into a comforting embrace. "My love, you're not a burden. Never. My parents nor Sirius and Remus have not stopped talking about you. Also, I think what you said to your mum was fucking hilarious! Wished I would've been there to see it." Regulus smiled at his boyfriend, 'how on earth did I get so lucky' he thought to himself as he leaned forward fixing James' glasses.

"Can you walk or do you want me to help you?" James questioned. "Can you help please, I think I sprained my ankle while running" Regulus looked down sheepishly. James just leaned down scooping him up bridal style, whispering "you're almost as bad as your brother." Regulus just laughed, mumbling "key word. Almost" into the crook of his boyfriends neck. Jesus his laugh. It made James' heart swoon. Soon, they'd reached the Potter's house again and Sirius face visibly fell at the state of his brother, so small in James' arms. Euphemia quickly ushered James to set Regulus down on the sofa and she began tending to injuries, then healing his ankle. "Mrs Potter, thank you...for everything" Euphemia just smiled warmly "No, no no, it's no trouble my dear. We're glad to have you. And please, call me Euphemia" she finished and Regulus nodded at her kindness.

"Regulus..." Sirius began, sitting next to his brother on the sofa. I'm glad you ran, but why? What happened?. Regulus just chuckled and explained everything. Sirius burst out laughing, cackling like a hyena. Remus was silently dying from behind his book. "Oh god, I wish I was there to see it. I bet it was so funny" Sirius breathed out, only just composing himself after his laughing fit. James soon joined them on the sofa intertwining his fingers with Regulus, which made the boy blush a deep shade of red. They decided on watching a Christmas movie. Home alone. Sirius was curled up with Remus underneath a grey woollen blanket and Regulus' head rested upon James' shoulder. Christmas that year was absolutely perfect.

That was the day that James vowed to not let anyone hurt Regulus. Even if it cost him his life.

A/N: Sorry! For all the angsty chapters, I will be uploading lots of fluffy chapters tomorrow I just need to finish editing them. And I'm including a Christmas special! Please leave requests here as I'm out of ideas, hope y'all had a great Christmas and if you don't celebrate I hope you had a nice break. See you soon my loves xx