I'm scared... :// J

A/N: hey everyone, I'm back! Sorry for my absence my mental health has been a wreck and I've had such bad writers block and I haven't had any ideas for oneshots, please keep requesting on my latest A/N because I love writing your guys' ideas x

This request is for the lovely cutelittlesnowflake  thank you so much for requesting and I hope you like it x

Enjoy xx

Regulus was scared.

He didn't show up to classes, he didn't show to meals, he was never at hogsmeade, he was just never seen. It honestly was scaring the shit out of James. They had grown close recently and James was worried. He cared so deeply for Regulus, he wanted to be so much more than friends with the boy. Shit he was in love with Regulus. He'd told the marauders and they were happy for him, Sirius took a little bit longer to adjust to the idea of 'His brother from another mother and his baby brother' as he put it but now he wanted them together more than anything. He knew how happy they made each other and he wanted them to be happy. That was all that mattered to him.
Their happiness together.

A few days had passed, and no one had heard or seen Regulus. Not even Barty, Evan, Dorcas or Pandora. James was hurt and worried, he couldn't sleep he couldn't eat. He couldn't do anything apart from worry. He was worried about Regulus.
His Regulus.
He couldn't sleep that night, the worry was too much it was weighing on his chest. The guilt of not knowing where Regulus was. Whether he was safe, or in trouble, or he was hurting and James didn't know. He couldn't deal with it. He had to see him. Fuck he had to see his boy.
Slowly, James got out of bed and walked the halls and made his way up to the astronomy tower. That place always had a way of calming him down. It was truly amazing. There he was. Regulus was there...smoking, looking up at the stars. Merlin, he looked gorgeous. His curls hanging loosely over his forehead. "Regulus.." James sighed looking over at the boy. Regulus head snapped around quickly. "Oh. It's you. Fuck off." He muttered annoyed. James was stunned. What had happened to the funny, sarcastic, shy Regulus. The one who blushed at James' flirting, or laughed at his shitty jokes, or hit him around the head with his book if he was being stupid. What happened to the Regulus he fell head over heels in love with. "No. I won't 'fuck off' where the hell have you been. Everyone has been worried sick about you! I haven't seen you in a week. I was worried shitless where were you?!?" James seethed, he was angry not at Regulus but himself. He let Regulus shut himself off and disappear. "Why does it matter to you or them anyway? It's not yours or their problem why I decided to skip everything and I'm fine." He spat exhaling a puff of smoke into the crisp night air. James knew Regulus only smoked when he was stressed and he was determined to find out why. "It matters, because you literally ghosted everyone. Why? Why did you do it?" James was growing impatient by the second. "Merlin James! I'm okay, I just didn't feel like being socialable. So what?" Regulus fired back staring at James. James bit his lip before speaking. "So what? So what! Well I know you're not okay, you only smoke when you're really stressed and well fuck look your hands are shaking like crazy."

Regulus was scared. He had recently got a letter from his mother saying that summer he would be getting the mark. He couldn't sleep, he couldn't eat. It was so daunting. He couldn't sleep tonight, because of the nightmares, so he decided to have a smoke. Try and calm his nerves. Yet, his fucking hands we're still shaking. He turned away from James' gaze and his whole body shook. He didn't want this. He really, really didn't. Now he was crying, hot salty tears flooding down his cheeks. James knelt down and made Regulus face him. James' face immediately softened and he pulled Regulus into his chest. A sob tore Regulus' throat, then another and another. At this point he was breathing heavily, as he cried, while James whispered sweet nothings in his ear. "Hey, hey, hey, it's okay, you're here with me. I'll keep you safe." James whispered gently, rubbing the boys back while he clung to him. After Regulus had calmed down a little James asked him, "what's got that beautiful little mind of yours so worked up?." Regulus took a deep breath. "Umm, well..I, umm. Mother sent me a letter saying I..I'm g...getting the m...m...mark, over the summer. I..I don't w...wa...want it James. I'm scared." A few more tears feel down his cheeks. James tensed slightly before speaking. "I won't let them. You can come with me for the summer. I won't let them do it Reg, I won't. I'll keep you safe. But I think you should tell Sirius. I love you" Regulus just nodded, but his head shot up when he heard the last phrase.

"You...you love me?" He started, shocked at what James had said. James smiled so widely. "Merlin of course I do Reg, I love talking about books in the library, I love your sarcastic humour, I love when you laugh at my jokes, I love your little winks you give me, I love your laugh, your smile, your beautiful curls, your soft hands, your cute little blush, your shyness, your confidence in quidditch, merlin I love everything about you.
It's always been you Regulus. Always you." Regulus blushed a deep crimson, before he mumbled "I love you more James. It's always been you too. I love your concentrating face, your stupid jokes, your cheesy flirting, your smile, your eyes, your laugh, your voice. It's always you." Then he pulled James into a soft kiss.
It was perfect. Bliss if you will.

"Soo..Regulus Arcturus Black, will you do me the honour of being my boyfriend?" James questioned grinning goofily. "Of course I will James Fleamont Potter." They kissed again under the starlight sky. How romantic. Then they went to find Sirius. He was in the common room and Regulus told him about the letter and about him and James. He promised to not let anything happen to him, and that he was glad he was staying with him and James. Also, when he found out about the relationship, to say he was ecstatic was an understatement, of course he bragged about being first to know to the marauders and the girls but it was worth it, because everyone was so happy. James and Regulus certainly were, Sirius was pretty sure they were each others last thought before they fell asleep on a sofa in the common room in each others arms, dreaming about each other all night.

A/N: Damm that was long, hope it was ok! And you enjoyed, don't forget to give me requests on my latest A/N or you can message me them.

See you soon my loves xx