Chapter 12

When you stepped into the room, you saw your father, arms crossed and watching the screen in the corner of the room that displayed the match that was happening right now.

"Sit." He demanded, like if you were a dog. Venom, dripping from his voice. Nevertheless, you sat down at the small metal table in the middle of the room. He turned to face you now, only taking a few steps forward before speaking again. "What happened in the last round? You knew the plan." He asked, trying not to raise his voice to much as to alert anyone that might be outside. 

"Well, I was going to be on Shoto's team but Midnight said that I couldn't because we're siblings." You explained in one breath. 

"I saw that." He stated. "I meant what happened after. With those two blonde boys." He said, now getting closer. "Are you playing hooky?" He said with disgust on his face.

"Wha-what? No! Of course not!" You almost screamed, trying to explain yourself. "I was going to be on Bakugou's team but then the other boy pulled me away and said I was going to be on his team, which caused them to start arguing, so I left and found another team." You were almost out of breath from telling your father what happened. 

"Then? You didn't follow anything I said after that, during the round." He said. He was across from you, hands on the table, and leaning close to your face trying to intimidate you. 

"Uh, I didn't know at the time, but on of the boys on the team I joined can control your mind. He was the same boy that fought Midoriya in the first match. I tried to break free but his quirk is really strong." You informed him, hoping he would understand there was nothing you could do. 

"So? That green haired kid snapped out of it, that means you could have too." He said as he got off the table and was standing in front of you with his arms crossed. Your eyes went wide, you did all that you could. What more does he want?

"B-But he had to break his fing-" you started but your father cut you off.

"HE DID WHATEVER IT TOOK!" He shouted at you, not caring about people hearing him anymore.   He let out a disappointed sigh and walk to the door, opening it but didn't leave yet. "Don't give me pathetic excuses. Just do what I say, and so it right for once." And with that he was out the door. You didn't know you were holding your breath until he was gone. As you were taking in deep breathes, trying to recover from what happened, you hear Present Mic say your name.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! This next match is going to be Yuuga Aoyama up against (Y/n) Todoroki!" He announced loudly. You stood up, walking out of the room and towards the arena. The crowd cheered as they saw you both enter, you needed to focus on your match and not about how you feel. You kept reminding yourself that your brother was watching and you wanted to make him as proud as he makes you.

You knew that the first thing Aoyama is going to do, it shoot his naval beam right at you, and sure enough, as soon as the match started he did just that. Since you predicted it, you were able to dodge it easily.

"Wow, Aoyama starting on the offense, love it!" Present Mic started to narrate the fight. Aoyama kept trying to shoot you with his laser but you just dodged, you knew he couldn't use it for that long because he gets tummy aches. Right when you thought that he grabbed his stomach and you took that opportunity to punch him right in the face. He fell down and stayed there, you didn't think he would be done after only one punch but you guess he was. Midnight announced your victory and everyone cheered as you went back up to the bleachers. 

After your match was your brother's second match where he was going against Midoriya. This match worried you because you know that both of them want this really bad, and there was no way of helping your brother if he needed help. Once you got up to the bleachers and in your seat, the match already started and you saw your brother winning so far. You sat next to Uraraka in the front, mostly because if was the only seat in the front that wasn't near Bakugou. 

"Hey (Y/n), congrats on your win." The brunette girl told you, with a big smile. 

"Oh, thanks. You did really good too." You complimented her. 

"Thanks!" She said but her eyes had a hint of sadness. "Do you know who you're gonna go up against next?" She said, trying to change the subject.

"Uh, Tokoyami I think." You informed her. This felt nice, talking to someone, that wasn't your brother, or Fuyumi. You've never had friends so you don't really know how to talk to people but you were trying. You were brought out of your thoughts when you heard Midoriya scream.

"It's yours, your quirk not his." He screamed at the top on his lungs. You didn't think you were talking that long with Uraraks but a lot has happened in the fight. As soon as your brother heard Midoriya say that, his whole left side bursted into flames. You couldn't believe your eyes, you haven't seen Shoto willingly use his left side in...forever. You let out a soft smile, as he used all of his quirk now, for the first time. Then, things got a little too out of control when both boys launched themselves at each other with everything they had. Midnight and Cementos tried to stop them but they didn't. The whole stadium shook at pieces of the ground flew everywhere. 

You still never took your eyes off of the arena, wanting to make sure your brother was okay after all that. When the smoke cleared, you saw him, parts of his clothes were burned but he was standing, and Midoriya was on the floor knocked out. Everyone cheered as they announced that he won.