Chapter 64

"Wow." He says followed by a scoff. "You really did have a nightmare." He continues with a grin on his face. He leans back on his arms, getting comfortable. 

"It's really none of your business." You defended, glaring down at him with your arms crossed over your chest. 

"It is when you wake me up with all that noise you were making." He stated, flaring back up at you. 

This cause you to furrow your eyes. You weren't making any noise, well, none that could be heard if you were asleep, you made sure of that. He didn't look like he had been woken up either. You looked behind him on his bed and notice...a book?

"You weren't asleep you liar." You point at the boom that's right next to him in the bed. "You were still awake, that's how you heard me." You say to him. He looks at where you are pointing and his eyes widen, forgetting that he had left his book on the bed. He quickly grabbed it and threw it under his bed. 

"It doesn't matter, I was still trying to sleep." He defends, a slight pink across his cheeks. You roll your eyes, turning to leave again before he stopped you, again. "Stop. You can't leave now, he'll hear you idiot." He whisper shouted at you. 

"Well then where the hell do you want me to go?" You whisper shout back, getting frustrated with him. "It's midnight and we need to be up for classes to...mor..ow." You slowly trailed off. 

"Huh?" He said furrowing his eye brows. 

"You said you were 'trying to sleep', which means you couldn't sleep." You said, connecting the dots. 

"Bullshit, you don't know anything." He scoffed out, turning to look away from you. You stepped closer.

"We all know you go to bed super early so there is no reason for you to be up this late, unless you were having trouble sleep." You say, almost excited over this new found information. 

"Alright, so what? Want a fucking cookie?" He said rudely.

"This means that it's not just me. You can't sleep either." You say, taking another step closer to him. He looks at you slightly confused. "Do you think it's because of what happened in the training camp?" You ask him, now more serious.

This caught him off guard and you could tell. He stood up so now he was looking down at you. You noticed he did that whenever he wanted to be in control of the conversation, and you let him. 

"No dumbass. I don't know about you but I'm perfectly fine." He tried to lie to you.

"Then why aren't you asleep?" You ask, looking up at him with curious eyes. 

"That's none of yo-"

"Then why couldn't you sleep last night either?" You cut him off and before he could get mad he wondered how you knew that.

"You looked as tired as I did during training today, your moves were slower than usual." You answered his question before he could even ask it. 

"Ok, you can go now." He said walking past you towards the door. You knew you were right by his obvious actions.

"Have you been telling yourself that it's all in your head?" He paused as he was about to open the door. "That it's just because of the new environment and that you'll get used to it?" He turns around to face you. He tries to keep and angry intimidating attitude but you can see the surprised reaction behind it. 

"Do you still blame yourself?" You continue, knowing it's true by the way his eyes widen and he quickly tried to hide it. 

"Shut the fuck up already." He said harshly about to open the door again. You place a hand on his arm and it stops him. 

"It's not your fault, you know that right?" You try to assure him but he pulls his hand away.

"Don't fucking baby me, you have no idea how I feel." He says looking down at the ground, he trie dot step away but you don't let him. 

"Then how do you feel?" You say, trying to look at his eyes, placing both hands on either of his shoulders. 

"Stop." He says again, pushing your arms down. "Why the hell do you even care?" He argues.

"Because I'm probably the only person that understands how you feel right now." You explain, he goes silent. You couldn't see it, but his eyes began to water and his face began to burn. 

"Just shut the fuck up already. You have no idea how I fucking feel. Just...leave..m..e" His insults and back talk died down as he felt you place your hand on his head. 

You have no idea how to comfort someone and Bakugou obviously needed it so you just decided to do what he did to you when you crying in front of him at the training camp. To your surprise it worked, or so you thought. He quieted down, but then he just pushed your hand away. 

He lifted his head finally but couldn't look at you. You noticed his eyes were slightly glossy. You lifted your hand again to try to place it on his shoulder but he pushed it away. You opened your mouth to speak but he let out a small 'shut up'.

He wanted you to give up and leave and you knew that, but you were not going to let this opportunity to finally get on Bakugou's good side go. He was the only person, besides Mineta, that you had a problem with in your class, and you didn't want that. 

You kept raising your hands and he kept pushing them away. You finally just decided to take a step closer and quickly wrap your arms around Bakugou's neck, bringing his head now to rest on your shoulder. 

You felt him stiffen, but you make sure to hold him firmly so he wouldn't let go. You wanted to make him feel better, and you didn't know why. Seeing his usually smug and irritated face become so sad, hurt something inside you. You don't think you could handle seeing him cry.