Chapter 30

The next day, you and Shoto were waiting in your Mother's hospital room for her to get back from whatever she was doing. You thought your brother had forgotten about what happened  yesterday with Bakugou and felt relieved. But then he started questioning you.

"What was that yesterday? With Bakugou?" Your heart dropped. He didn't have any particular expression on his face but he was keeping eye contact. 

"Oh it was nothing really." You say with a small laugh. "You know how Bakugou is, he was just challenging me to a fight or something." You say scratching the back of your neck. You weren't lying, he did tell you he wanted to fight, but you were certainly not going to tell him about what happened after that. 

"That's not what it looked like." He said lowly, not breaking eye contact. "He was standing oddly close to you." He brought to your attention. You didn't realize it at the time but he was really close to you. Both times he confronted you, he backed you into a wall with your chests almost bumping. You didn't think much of it, you just figured he wanted to be intimidating. You couldn't be sure because you don't really know what normal interactions look like, not having any friends when you were little or allowed to talk to any boys because of your father. 

"Um yeah I guess. He was just trying to scare me like he does with everyone. It was nothing, I promise." You say, calmly this time with a small smile, hoping he drops the topic. He didn't look satisfied with your answer but looked away as you both heard the door to the room open. 

"Oh, hello you two. I wasn't expecting you both to visit until later." Your mother greeted as she walked in the room. You both got up to hug her.

"We decided to come earlier today because Fuyumi wants us to go shopping later." You explained to your kind mother. She just nodded and let out a small 'I see' while she sat down on her and you and Shoto sat in the chairs next to it. 

The rest of the visit went like usual, she asks us about school, then asks about Fuyumi, then about Natsuo. It's always the same answers, school is fine, Fuyumi is the same, always in the kitchen or doing something around the house, and you don't really know about Natsuo because he never visits or calls. 

The end of your visit came, having talked for almost 2 hours when you both decided it would be best to head to the store now. You said goodbye to your mother and made your way to the grocery store Fuyumi suggested. 

The store she suggested to you both was next to a mall, so you both decided to get the things Mr.Aizawa said we should bring to the training camp. Shopping went by smoothly and you two were on your way back home before it got dark. 

"Is there something going on between you and Bakugou?" Your brother dropped on you out of no where.

"Um, what do you mean?" You respond, caught off guard and not knowing what to say.

"Are you and Bakugou more than friends?" He rephrased his question. This caught you even more off guard, causing you to stop walking. 

"W-What.? Of course not. We aren't even friends let alone more than friends." You try to explain to your twin that there was absolutely nothing going on. You didn't even know how to be 'more than friends' with someone. Your brother stops too and stares at you before continuing to walk.

"Ok, just making sure. You know what could happen if you were, right?" He questions you one last time, glancing at you. You just nod, knowing he meant that your father wouldn't approve of you dating, and that it was considered inappropriate behavior in school. 

You let out a breath you didn't know you were holding in. You are stressing over a relationship you didn't even have, or could ever happen. All this talk about Bakugou made you think back to your last interaction. You couldn't believe you told him you didn't even want to be a hero, but he was just being so pushy and you just wanted him to shut up. You wonder what'll happen on Monday especially since that's the first day of the training camp, hopefully he doesn't come after you but you doubt he'll just leave you alone.