Chapter 29

We were dismissed after everyone fought and went home. The next day, all the students that didn't pass their exam were complaining about not being able to go to the training camp. Mina came up and hugged you tight while pretending to cry.

"Have fun for the both of us Y/n." She said wiping fake tears from her face. You pat her back softly and were about to try and comfort her but you were interrupted.

"It's your own damn fault for not passing so stop fucking crying." Bakugou said bitterly as he pulled you two away from each other. "Now stop blocking the damn door." You both begrudgingly listened and sat in your seats as you saw your teacher walking into the class.

"Hello class, I know I said that you would only be attending the training camp in you passed the exam, but I lied. Everyone will be going." he said with no emotion while half the class cheered and the other half gave him looks of confusion. "We were always going to take all of you, it was just a deception."

"MR. AIZAWA??" The entire class yelled. He calmed them down and continued with todays lesson.

The rest of the day was normal, boring classes, and eating lunch outside while your brother ate with Midoriya, Iida and Uraraka. You were worried that he thought you were being too clingy. The last thing you want is for your brother to think you're annoying. You were pulled away from your thoughts by Mina asking you a question.

"Y/n can you come to the mall with us tomorrow? We want to go as a class to get things we need for the training camp." She asked with a cheery smile.

"Sorry but I'm busy tomorrow." You apologized. You and your brother have been paying your mother visits in the hospital since yo started going to UA. They were enjoyable. She was so unlike your father, asking you about you rather than your brother. 

"Awww, booo. Maybe some other time then." She said frowning and you nodded. She then stepped away to talk to the other girls in your class. You looked over to Bakugou and noticed that Kirishima was distracting his eyes away from his bag that hung on the back of his chair. You took this opportunity to dig the gold metal from your bag and slip it into his once you and your brother walked out of the class. 

You two were about to walk out of the school doors but your brother spoke up.

"Oh, I was going to ask Mr. Aizawa for a list of things we needed to bring to the camp. You can stay here, I'll be quick." He said and you nodded. You leaned against the wall and looked up at the sky admiring the reddish-orange color it was turning. But your peace was soon interrupted.

"Oi, dumbass." You heard doing from the other side of the hall, knowing it could only be one person. 

"Oh, hey Bakugou." You said softly, knowing why he was here but not showing it. 

"Don't 'Hey Bakugou' me. What the fuck is this doing in my bag, again?" He asked you, holding up the medal that you slipped into his bag earlier. 

"I don't know what you mean?" You asked still pretending not to know. 

"Do you not remember our last conversation?" He questioned taking a step closer to you. "About how I-" He started but you finished.

"How you wanted to beat be fair and square? Yeah I remember." You say calmly and stand up straight, picking yourself up from the wall. "You did." You told him with a small smile.

"Huh? When?" He asked confusion present on his face. 

"Well, during the exams, I only won because you helped me, I passed out so I wouldn't have been able to make it out. I think that means you won." You explain to him.

"That doesn't count idiot. I want to beat you in a one on one match." He says and you roll your eyes.

"Why are you dragging this out so long? Just take the win." You say, tired of his reasoning for wanting to fight you.

"Don't tell me what the fuck to do. I want to prove that I am the best." He reasons with you. 

"To who?" You question slightly raising your voice. "I already know you're extremely powerful and so does everyone else." You tell him taking a step forward. "Is that what you want? For me to admit that you're strong?" You try to read his expression as you question him. He seems taken about. 

"Wh-What? No." He stutters, which is a first for him. 

"Then why do you keep trying to fight me?" You ask taking another step forward. "If validation is what you want then just say that. I have no problem saying that you're better than me." You say and he takes a step back, confusion still on his face. 

"No you idiot. That's not what I want. I already fucking told you." He says, regaining his composure and taking a step forward. " I know you're holding back. Even yesterday you were holding back. I want to know why." He takes another step forward. "Why do you only fight when you are protecting your stupid bother? Why even protect him in the first place? He isn't some little kid that needs protection." 

You didn't know what to say. He kept stepping forward and you kept stepping back. Your back met the wall and you could only look up at Bakugou, wide eyed, and breathing slightly heavy. 

"I-It's none of your buisness." You say looking down, not being able to meet his eyes. 

" It is my business when you're in my way to become the number one pro hero." He said taking one last step closer to you so your chests were just inches away. 

"Just leave me alone. I don't even want to be a hero!" You blurt out, overwhelmed by how close he was and by the questions he was asking. You look up at him and his eyes were slightly wide, with a surprised expresión.

"What?" He said, softly this time. You just looked at him with wide eyes, realizing you fucked up. No one was supposed to know how you actually felt. This isn't about you. But he just had to keep asking stupid fucking questions. You were snapped out of your thoughts when you heard your name.

"Y/n?" Your brother called out to you. You turned and saw his confused expression. You pushed Bakugou away from you and made your way towards your brother, trying to act normal. You heard Bakugou growl at your actions but just walked the other way. 

"Hey. Let's go." You say with a small smile, trying to pretending nothing had happened and start walking out the doors. He followed your pace and didn't question about what he saw.