Chapter 43

Everything went back to normal after what happened with Kaminari. He kept his distance from you for a while but besides that the evening went well. The food got done and you all sat down to eat. You sat down at the end of the with your brother on your left, and next to him was Midoriya. Bakugou sat in front of you next to Kieishima and Kaminari, who was avoiding your gaze. 

They mostly conversed with Midoriya and the others but every time you looked up, you were just able to catch Bakugou's eyes on you. As soon as he saw you were looking he turned to look elsewhere. After everyone was done eating and conversing, you all went to bed.

The next morning was quite uneventful, the same as yesterday except for Monoma. You guessed that the teachers must have spoken to him. 

As soon as you were done eating, you heard Aizawa call your name, you turned your head to look at him and he motioned with his head for you to follow him, then walked into the woods. You turned to your brother who was sitting next to you and saw what happened and he just nodded. 

You put your tray away and followed where Aizawa had gone to. You were walking for a while and you thought you might have gone the wrong way when you saw him, standing in the middle of a small opening in the woods. It was a small circular area with just grass, and surrounded by trees. You make your way towards him and stop a few feet away. Thinking he's going to want to spare again. 

"I noticed that you mainly use the fire part of your quirk and although it's quite powerful, I think your water manipulation abilities will be more useful." He began explaining. "Here." He said as he brought out a water bottle he had in his pocket. He dumped the water out onto the ground and you looked at him confused. "Pick it up." He said plainly. 

You stepped closer to where he poured the water, which was mostly soaked into the dirt by now, and placed a hand over it. You slowly lifted your arm and a stream of water came from the dirt, following your hand. You used your second hand to convert that stream into a ball of water once it was all out of the ground.

"Freeze it." He commanded with his arms crossed. You already knew how to do that so it wasn't difficult. You focused on the ball of water, slightly twitched your hand and it froze, now just a ball of ice in the air. 

"Now boil it." He said sternly. You shot him a glare but he only returned it with one of his own. "Make the water evaporate. You've done it before." He adds, making you slightly huff. 

You move the ball of ice so now it's in between both of your hands but not touching. You focus on the ice ball in front of you, straining your hands and furrowing your brows. It starts to melt, returning back to water. 

"Hotter!" Aizawa demands. You shut your eyes, trying to replicate that hot feeling you experienced the other day when you were angry at Monoma. The water slightly bubbled. "Hotter!" He said again, loudly. You opened your eyes angrily. Can't he see that you're trying. You begin slowly bawling your hands into   fists as the familiar feeling of heat filled your body. The ball was now half the size it was before, steaming.

Before you knew it, the ball was gone, evaporated into the air. You relax yourself, letting out a couple breaths before make eye contact with Aizawa. 

"I was right, it's anger." He said confidently and you avoided eye contact, which just further proved his point. "Alright. Now let's do something harder." He said walking over to a tree. "A hero needs to learn how to adapt to their surroundings, if there isn't any water around you have to make your own." He said, placing a hand on the tree.