Chapter 72

You and Bakugou were walking out of ground beta, to the locker rooms, and you were still giving him some pointers.

"The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to be mindful of everyone around you, and yourself. If you need help you have to ask for it." This conversation took you to the door of the locker rooms. You glanced over at him and he looked like he was pouting. Pouting! Like a child. How cute.

"Whatever, loser." He said, noticing that you both had to seperate. He glanced over at you before walking away. You were looking up at him, glad that he was actually listening to your advice. You saw him looking at you and you smiled at him. He quickly looked away. "B-Bye." He said then almost ran inside the boys locker room. Weird.

You brushed it off and walked into the girls locker rooms.

Bakugous POV~

I almost ran inside the locker rooms after talking to Y/n. God that's embarrassing, good thing it was just us. Why does she make me feel so...weird?

I took a quick shower, thinking about the tips she gave me. She's so strong and yet so humble. God that's so cringe, why am I even thinking about her? She didn't leave my mind as I gathered my things to go to my room.

Entering the common area, I saw her, right next to her brother as always. What are those extras doing anyways? They were all huddled around the kitchen talking and laughing.

"Yo, Bakubro, took you long enough." Shitty hair spoke to me as he threw an arm over my shoulder and pulled me further into the kitchen with them. I groaned and shoved him off.

"Ok if i'm being completely honest." Mina started, letting out a sigh. "I'm really nervous I'm not going to get my license." She said as she leaned into Y/n, wrapping her arms around her.

"Same." Kaminari agreed. "We're going up against people that have already taken it and know what to expect." He added as he leaned against the counter letting out a sigh.

"Come on guys. I've seen you guys train, we can all pass for sure." Deku says, annoying ass.

"Obviously it's going to be hard, dumbasses. It wouldn't be much of an exam if everyone can pass." I explain, if they are so scared of failing then just train more. I was about to walk away when Y/n spoke.

"Well yeah, but we are at a bigger disadvantage." She spoke, wrapping her arms around racoon eyes and softly playing with her hair. She has everyone's attention. "Not only because we are first years but the fact that they know our quirks and fighting styles from the sports festival." She paused for a moment, and it was dead silent. I didn't even realize that.

"They've had all this time to study us and train specifically to make sure we lose. I'm sure some of them don't even intend on passing, just making sure we don't." She finishes, looking up at everyone else after the silence was never broken.

The look on all the extras' faces was priceless. Wide eyed and mouths open, wondering how they were expected to pass. I couldn't help but burst into laughter.

"Wait. I didn't mean to kill the mood, I just thought you all should know." Y/n says. "I know we're all going to pass. I've seen how hard you all train. I mean why would Aizawa even keep us around if he thought we weren't ready right?" She adds, with an obviously fake laugh.

"Easy for you to say Y/n, you don't even have to try." Mina said, standing up straight. It's true though. She'll probably be the first one done, that just means I have to train harder. I have to reach her level.

I was too busy staring at her to notice that the conversation was over and they all started going to bed. Everyone let out a small 'goodnight' and headed off to bed, so I did too.

I glanced over at Y/n as she walked with a round face and the other extras to her room. Somehow, I ended up right next to the icy hot bastard himself. Just the two of us walking the same way. Awkward. I try to speed up but he calls me.

"Bakugou." Is all he said. I didn't expect it. Stopping and looking back with my hands in my pocket, he waits until he's right next to me again before speaking.

"What's your relationship with my sister?" He said nonchalantly. OUT OF NOWHERE! I composed myself, trying my best not to show any expression.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Is all I said asI began walking again. Hoping he would just leave it at that but of course his stubborn ass doesn't.

"I know we're all friends but-"

"WE are not friends." I interrupted him. He's my competition, not my friend.

"Are you friends with Y/n?" He said, walking behind me. I didn't answer right away, this was stupid.

"Stop asking me dumb ass questions." I spit out, about to open the door to my room.

"Y/n thinks you're friends." He says and I stop dead in my tracks. "She assures me you two are 'just friends'. I'll let her know that you don't agree." He spoke in that same monotone ass voice he always uses.

She thinks we're friends? For some reason I'm not satisfied. What's wrong with me? Why do I care so much? I'm worried about the wrong thing. The provincial license exam is in a couple days already.

"Tell her what you want. I don't give a fuck about what she thinks." I force myself to say. Glancing over at him before I quickly open my door and shut it behind me.

My back hits the door and I stand there in silence before I slowly start to slide down it until I'm sitting on the ground. I bang my head back on the door, thinking back to what I said. Knowing that he's definitely going to tell Y/n.

Why the fuck did I say that? God, I'm an idiot.