Chapter 68

"Again!" Aizawa yells, standing some feet away from you with his arms crossed. 

You stood there, catching your breath, slightly hunched over. You glance over at him and he just glares at you. You take once last breath as you continue to do what you've been doing for the past hour. 

You extend your arms towards the lake and pull a stream of water up into the air. Forming it into a big ball in the air, waiting for Aizawa's command. 

"Ice!" He called out.

Without hesitation you let out a small breath before straining your hands open and freezing the water, still keeping it in the air. 

"Steam!" He commands again.

You felt the sweat dripping from your face, but wasn't giving up. You slowly clenched your hands into fists and the ball of ice bagan to evaporate. 

"Rain!" His voice rang through your ears. This was exhausting. 

You threw your hands in the air above you and compacted all the steam in the air into a big cloud. You slowly began bringing your arms closer and closer together as the cloud began to drip, and then pour, all over you. 

"Together!" He ordered. You didn't even have a chance to catch your breath, but you were not going to let him win. 

You extended your arms and began moving your right arm in a circular motion, gather all the water from the floor and the water that fell on you. Gathering it in a big ball in the air again, thinking you were done. Then you heard his voice again. 

"Steam!" He yelled. It was like your body moved on its own, turning the water into steam. 

"Rain!" You heard his voice again. Gathering your hands and making it rain once more.

"Together!" He began to call out faster. You were collecting the water into one big ball when he spoke again.

"Faster, we don't have all day!" He rushed you. 

After gathering all the water, he started calling out names faster and faster each time. 

"Ice!"

"Steam!"

"Rain!"

"Together!"

"Ice!"

"Steam!"

"Rain!"

"Together!" 

You knew the pattern he was calling them out in, but still, wasn't fast enough for him. This was stupid. It's not even a new move. He began yelling even louder and grabbed the attention of some of your classmates that were around you. 

You knew what came next and decided you were done with his bullshit. 

"Ic-"

Before he finished, you threw all the gathered water his way. Forming the water into sharp icicles that stopped right before piercing him. You hung your head low, extending only one arm towards him to keep the ice steady. 

"I'm...done...with your bullshit." You let out, taking deep breaths in between. You heard a chuckle and lifted your head. 

He was...laughing.

"This," He brought a hand to lightly touch one of the icicles and accidentally pricked himself with how sharp it was. "Is not bullshit." He let out with a smug look on his face. 

You let your arm down, letting the icicles fall to the ground. 

"Alright everyone! Training's over!" He said, going back to his usual emotionless expression and walking away. 

Although you wanted to collapse, you managed to make it to the locker rooms.

"Y/n, what happened?" Yayoruzu asked with a worried look on your face. You couldn't blame her though. You looked exactly how you felt. 

"I'm guessing Mr. Aizawa wasn't going easy on you, ribbit." Tsu says. She was near the lake so you guess she saw you. 

"Yeah." Is all you could let out. 

Showered and changed, you made your way towards your dorm room. You took way too long in the shower, but you needed it. You were the last one out and it was definitely past curfew now. 

This didn't stop you from walking into the common room and grabbing a bottle of water along with an orange that was on the counter. 

You slowly made your way to your room, taking the elevator, not caring if it was too loud. Once you made it to your floor, the elevator doors opened to reveal the hall and surprisingly there appeared to be someone waiting for you. 

"Bakugou?" You whispered as you stepped outside of the elevator and made your way to your dorm room. He was standing outside of your dorm room, it looked like he was about to knock before he heard the noise of the elevator. 

"Where the hell where you? It is already past curfew." He scolds you, turning his body to face you and crossing his arms. 

"I was thirsty. What's your excuse?" You said, taking a step closer to your door, and him. You unlocked it as you waited for his answer.

"None of your business idiot." He defended, not looking at you. 

"Ok then." You responded, not really knowing why he was here. You opening the door and entered your room. Setting your things down on your nightstand, you saw him stand in front of the doorway. 

"Do you need something from me? I thought you went to bed early?" You question, trying to clear up some confusion. 

He stood there quietly fidgeting for many moments, not being able to look at you in the eyes. 

"Can I just come in?" He aggressively whispered. There was that pink tint to his cheeks you've been noticing recently. You were too exhausted for this but for some reason, you couldn't say no. 

"Sure." You spoke, stepping aside, letting him come in. 

Closing the door, you turned around and noticed him standing quite awkward. You let a small breath out, before speaking.

"Is there something I can help you with because I'm really tired and just ready to knock out." You broke the silence.

"I don't need your help." He scoffed. "I just...um...my-my air conditioner broke. Yeah, it broke." He said, sounding more like he was convincing himself. 

"Oh, well it's not really hot so?" You didn't understand the problem since it was almost winter. 

"Exactly, I hate the cold." He admits. 

"Oh" You couldn't keep this awkward conversation going for much longer. You just decided to give in. 

"Did you want to stay here then?" You offered.

"It's not like I want to, dumbass, I just, there's no one else." He defends. 

"Ok, well I guess I owe you for letting me stay in your room." You explained, moving over to your bed and sitting on it.

"Y-yeah you owe me." He said, again sounding like he was convincing himself more than you. 

Laying down on your bed, you faces away from where Bakugou was laying down on. You fell asleep almost instantly. You didn't know why but you felt much more comfortable when you knew Bakugou was laying next to you. 

Bakugou, on the other hand, was still trying to process how he got away with such a stupid excuse, but nevertheless glad he was able get away with sneaking in your room.