Chapter 69

You were sleeping peacefully, for once, when you felt like something was messing with your hair. It was in a big braid behind your back. You slowly opened your eyes, remembering that you weren't alone.

You turned around and saw a spooked Bakugou laying right next to you, inches away from you. He quickly pulled his hand back and put on his signature scowl.

"What were you do-"

"Nothing." He spoke over you. Looking at your clock, you noticed it was already past midnight.

"Why are you still awake?" You asked, thinking he would be asleep by now.

"None of your business." He answered, turning around to face away from you. It didn't hide his embarrassment though since you were still able to see the pink tint of his ears in the moonlight shining through your window.

"Are you having trouble sleeping?" You asked, moving closer to him.

"Can you shut up, maybe I'll sleep better." He let out, obviously trying to not answer your question.

You sat up slightly and put your hand up on the bed. You looked at his face and it was slightly scrunched, not like his usual scowl but more of a conflicted look. You didn't have many friends growing up so you don't really know how to talk to people, especially about emotions.

You knew something was buggingh but you didn't know how to bring it up, or what would come after it. So you just decided to go for it.

"Bakugou." You called out to him. He didn't respond. "Why do you always do that?" You asked.

This caught his attention, turning his head to look at you.

"Huh?" He said back to you.

"Why do you start insulting or being mean to me when you don't want to answer something?" You asked straight up. His eyes widened for only a moment but you noticed it.

The two of you looked at each other for many moments, the moon being the only source of light. He tried to turn back around and ignore the question but you weren't having it.

"No." You said, grabbing his shoulder and pulling it down so his back is flat on the bed.

"The hell?" He spoke, pushing your arm away and sitting up.

"It's an honest question that you can't seem to answer." You replied sitting up all the way as well. "I thought we were friends. You can talk to me, you know." You added.

He kept his scowl on his face but he looked away from you, not being able to look in your eyes that read him too well. He opened his mouth to speak but only let out a sigh. He dipped his head down in defeat, he obviously wants to tell you something but he probably doesn't know how.

"Is this about what happened in the training camp?" You questioned. He didn't answer, but quickly started taking the blankets off of him and stepping out of the bed.

"This is bullshit. I'm going back to my room." He spoke in a tone of sadness and anger.

"Hey." You said softly, pulling him by his hand back down to the bed. "It's ok. You don't have to talk about it. I'm sorry." You spoke and apologized, he obviously wasn't ready to talk about it.

He didn't pull away, sitting there in silence, looking away from you. You took this as an opportunity to slowly place your hand on his head and softly run your fingers through his hair. You knew this calmed him down earlier so you thought you should try it again. Luckily, it did.

He turned to face you, slowly looking into your eyes. They looked so...hurt. You felt a stabbing pain in your chest the longer you looked into them, you didn't know why.

You got up on your knees and wrapped your arms around his neck. You didn't know how to make him feel better but you wanted to do badly. He seemed to feel better the last time you gave him a hug so why not try it again.

"It's not your fault. None of that was your fault." You spoke quietly. You felt his hands wrap around you. His head found its way into the crook of your neck as he pulled the two of you down on the bed, now laying in each other's arms.

You rested your head on top of his and you both drifted off the sleep. You didn't think this was wrong in any way, he was your friend and you wanted to make him feel better. Nothing more.