Chapter 73

Your POV~

God you're an idiot. All you did was make them worry about that stupid exam when you were just trying to help. As you were walking to your dorm room, these thoughts were racing in your head. No wonder you didn't have any friends growing up. 

You tried to ignore it as you stepped inside your room and got ready for bed. As you were brushing your teeth you got a text from your brother. 

Your brother never has good news when he texts you so you were somewhat worried. 

Shoto: Hey Y/n, are you still awake?

You didn't know if you should fake being asleep but you ended up responding.

You: Yeah, is something wrong?

Shoto: Not necessarily, I just wanted to better understand something.

Thats weird. Normally he wouldn't mind waiting until tomorrow to ask you something as simply as that. 

You: Sure. What is it?

Shoto: Your relationship with Bakugou.

This caught you completely by surprise. You didn't think you had done anything for him to think that there was something going on between the two of you. Not like there is anything going on between you two. Just friends. Yeah, friends.

You: I don't know what you mean. We're friends. We're all friends. 

You reply, trying to deflect the question.

Shoto: We'll he doesn't seem to think so.

What does he mean by that? You take too long to reply so he goes on.

Shoto: I spoke to him on the way to our dorms and he said that he couldn't care less about you. 

You didn't know what to say. You knew your brother could be petty but he wasn't a liar. You knew Bakugou could be rude sometimes but this is just hurtful. You couldn't explain it but you were kind of disappointed. 

Shoto: I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't want you to get hurt.

You: Yeah I know Sho, but there was nothing going on I swear. I really did just think we were all friends but I guess he didn't. Thanks for telling me. Goodnight.

You felt your phone ping again but you didn't care as you threw it on your nightstand. God how embarrassing. What a jerk. You really thought we were friends, that you two bonded, but you guess those nights meant nothing to him. 

Throwing yourself on your bed, all you felt was anger as you tried to force yourself to sleep. You should have never let him in your room, you knew he was lying about the air conditioning but you understood how lonely he felt. 

Ugh. You push those thoughts out of your head. Tomorrow is the last day before the exam and you don't even want to know what your father will do if Shoto doesn't pass. You shut your eyes and eventually drift off to sleep. 

You slept for a decent amount of time and you knew it, but your eyes still stung as you opened them when you heard your alarm.

It was almost as if you just just blinked and it was morning already. And on top of that you started to remember what your brother had told you last night. You felt the anger fueling your body and somehow you were now fully awake and ready for the day.

Your first few periods were rather boring but alright, nothing special. You avoided Bakugou like the plague, not even looking in his direction. You stuck to your brother like glue as if it were the first day of school all over again.

You couldn't tell if he had noticed and you didn't want to know. At lunch you were sitting with your brother and the usual people.(Uraraka, Midoriya, and Iida.) You were silent the whole time, until an annoying blonde blocked your path as you all tried to exit.

"Are you all prepared for tomorrow?" Monoma said with an evil cat-like grin. "I sure hope so cause we certainly are." He points a thumb to himself and then to the rest of his class behind him who are telling him to stop.

What a nuisance. It's obvious he just wants attention so he'll say just about anything. You don't say anything and just try to walk past him but he steps in front of you guys again.

"I can only imagine what it'll be like if you don't pass, especially knowing who your father is." he purred, reaching a hand up to grab your face.

"Keep imagining." you say as you smack his hand away. A girl with orange hair from his class pulled him back and apologized for him. Monoma was just grinning at you. Waving when you all started to walk away.

The rest of your classes went by painfully slow. All you wanted was to start training. Although it didn't seem like Monoma's words affected you, they did. That's all you've been worrying about. What if Shoto doesn't pass? You don't really matter, you don't have any problem taking it again next year, but your father will be furious if Shoto doesn't pass.

Once you made it to the end of the day and it was finally time to train, you didn't waste any time in getting changed and to ground beta.

"No personal training today." Aizawa said, and continued to speak with present Mic.

"What?" Is all you could muster. It's the day before our license exam and he's not going to help me?

"I don't think you should push yourself today. Rest is just as important as training." He explained, crossing his arms in front of his chest, signaling that he made up his mind. You didn't like his answer, and your face definitely showed it.

"Don't sweat it Y/n, I know you'll do great!" Present Mic shouted and gave me a thumbs up. You gave him the same look and walked away.

You heard a small chuckle come from Aizawa as Present Mic awkwardly put his hand down and frowned.

They might think this is funny but this is more than a regular exam for you.