Chapter 14

You thought this was going to be it, as you saw Bakugou ready his attack, twisting himself in the air and heading right for your brother. You saw your brother get ready to use his fire, but then he stopped. The fire covering the left side of his body was gone and he had a rather sad look on his face. Oh no! You thought, and sure enough, Bakugou hit your brother head on. There was smoke everywhere so you couldn't see anything. When the smoke dispersed, you saw Bakugou laying on the floor and your brother knocked out, laying on some of the ice he made earlier and out of bounds. You stood up as you saw Bakugou start to run at him, it was over, what was he doing?

You saw in horror as Bakugou shook your brother by his shirt, screaming at him to get up and that this means nothing if he doesn't use everything he has. Then Midnight used her quirk to put him to sleep and then announced his victory. There was going to be a small break before the next match, which you have to fight in. You quickly called your father. What were you supposed to do now? This messes up the whole plan. He picked up in the second ring.

"What do you want?" He says angrily, you knew he was furious with Shoto now.

"I just wanted ask about what I'm supposed to do now." You ask, hoping he tells you and not just yell at you.

"I don't care what you do. None of this matters anymore." He answered with even more anger in his voice.

"But I-" you started but he cut you off.

"I said I don't CARE!" He said, screaming the last word before hanging up the phone. You were up next against Iida and you had no idea what your were supposed to do. You would of asked Shoto what to do but he was still asleep and you already had to be outside. You let out a small scream before composing yourself and heading outside as Present Mic introduced you and Iida once again but your weren't even listening to him, or anything around you. There were millions of thought in your head, thinking a mile a minute. You didn't even realize that the match had started until you saw Iida running toward you. You were able to step out of the way just before he could grab you and push you out of bounds like he did with the other girl from class B.

You couldn't believe it, he wasn't even trying to fight you, just throw you out of bounds, was it because you're a girl? Did he think you were weak? Normally you wouldn't get mad easily but with all the thought going threw your head right now, you couldn't keep a level head. Your rage was fueling you now, he ran toward you again and you sent a massive burst of flames with both hands now, almost covering the whole arena. Iida couldn't avoid this and just had to take it.

You knew it would take more than that to keep Iida down so you ran towards him before the smoke from your flames cleared. He couldn't see you throwing a punch at him until the smoke cleared and it was already too late. You made direct contact with his cheek and sent him stumbling back but he didn't fall over. You went to punch him again with your left arm but he grabbed your arm, you tried with your other arm but he grabbed that one too. He started dragging you towards the edge to throw you out of bounds but you weren't done yet.

You took of his arms as well and dropped to the ground, placing both your feet of his hips, lifting him up and throwing him over your head. Using the momentum, you rolled over your shoulder and landed right on his chest, still holding his arms. You raised a fist to punch him in the face but were stopped by Midnight announcing you already won. You then looked behind you and saw that Iida's feet landed out of bounds. You got off him quickly and helped him up, feeling bad for what you did now. You never took your anger out on someone like that, well, someone that didn't deserve it.

"I'm so sorry Iida." You said while lowering your head towards him when he was up. "I was already a little irritated before the match started so I kind of took it out on you." You explained hoping he wasn't mad.

"It's alright (Y/n), it was just a match. I know you didn't mean it." He assures you and you both make your way out of the arena. There was another small break before the next match where you had to fight Bakugou. Wait. You had to fight BAKUGOU. You didn't think this through. You groaned as you thought about having to fight him, thinking you should have just let Iida win.

"Is something wrong?" Iida asks, hearing you groan next to him as you were both still walking towards the bleachers. You stopped before you answered him.

"I just realized I have to fight Bskugou next. Kind of wished I would've let you win." You said with a small laugh at the end. You stepped into one of the empty warm up rooms in the hall, but Iida stayed outside.

"Nonsense, just fight him like you fought me. Besides, I wouldn't want a win that I didn't deserve." He said in a rather serious tone, but you found it kind of funny.

"Yeah, I guess. I just kind of feel bad because I do it really care about winning." You said, actually saying what you felt for once.

"What? You made it this far and you 'don't even care'? How?" He asked, completely confused.

"I'm just not that interested in 'being the best' or having so much attention on me." You admitted.

"Then why are you even here? No offense." He says, only realizing he sounded a little rude until after he said it, but you just laughed.

"It's ok. I'm only really here because of my father and brother." You told him and he just hummed, putting a hand on his hip and resting the other on his chin.

"I think, you should just do what you want to do." He said, giving you a small smile. The truth was, you don't know what YOU want to do. You only even think about what your father or brother want you to do, but you were t going to tell him that.

"Thanks Iida, I will." You said, with smile of your own. You watched him walk away, waiting until he turned the corner to drop your fake smile, and letting out the breath you we're holding in. You stepped further in the room, then tried closing the door but you felt something stuck in between it. You looked down and saw a black and red boot, then felt the door push you back as this person opened the door. You looked up and were face to face with Bakugou.

"I wanted to talk to you." He said with a gruff voice. "Don't pull any of the bulls hit your brother did, got that?" He said, you guess he was referring to Shoto not using all of his quirk. You didn't really know how to respond so you just kind of stared at him with wide eyes.

"Umm." Was ala you were able to muster out. He got impatient and stepped closer to you, which caused you to step back.

"Oh don't act all shy and shit now." He said getting even closer to you now. Your back hit the table that was in the middle of the room but he kept getting closer. "I just saw what you can do so you better bring it to the fight." He was now inches away from bumping into you your chest, with his hands holding on to the table on both of your sides, trapping you. "Got it?" He asked again, with more irritation in his voice now.

"Y-Yeah." You said quickly, not knowing what he wanted you to say exactly. You guessed that's all he wanted because after you said that he left. You let out another deep breath once he left. Jeez, what was his problem?