Chapter 42

You make your way to the campsite, trying to calm yourself after Aizawa's 'training session'. He just asked a bunch of unnecessary questions and got on your nerves. 

W hen you finally reached the campsite you saw that everyone else was already there talking amongst themselves. You spotted your brother and decided to go over to him. You stood next to him trying not to bring attention to yourself.

"Where were you?" Your brother asks, noticing you're back.

"Oh I was still training with Aizawa, we just finished." You explain. He nodded and went back to paying attention to whoever was speaking. After a while of conversation Mandalay spoke up.

"Alright everyone, it's time to eat." She exclaimed and everyone began to head into the cafeteria but was blocked by Tiger. 

"Where do you think you guys are going?" He said, motioning for everyone to go back. At this point everyone was confused. Then Aizawa stepped up.

"If you want to eat, then you all have to make it. The ingredients to make curry are laid out for you, now get to work." He pointed to the tables where you all had eaten breakfast earlier that day. This caught you off guard s little. They all left after that, leaving you all to cook for yourself. It was quiet for a moment before Kirishima spoke up.

"Well, I guess we should get started?" He said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck. 

"Yeah let's do this!" Mina agreed, leading everyone to tables. 

You all got to cooking, some setting the tables, other chopping up vegetables, and some just goofing around. You were helping out in the actual cooking part with Kirishima and Kaminari, boiling the water and adding the vegetables, meat and seasonings. 

You were currently seasoning and cutting the meat with Kirishima while Kaminari was in charge of putting them in the pot once the water boils. He was going on about how he fought this one guy from class 1b the hole time. You didn't mind, he was very passionate about it so you liked listening to him. 

You looked over to where your brother was, noticing that Bakugou was scolding him for his bad chopping skills. A small smile rose to your face because it's true, your brother never learned how to cook so you're glad he's learning, and it's funny to se how good Bakugou is at cooking. 

"Ughh! Why isn't this boiling yet?" You heard Kaminari say in frustration. Kirishima went over there to help but nothing was wrong. 

"Dude, it takes time just chill." Kirishima said with a chuckle. 

"It's taking too long and I'm so hungry." He explained. Leaning against the countertop where you were still chopping meat. He glanced at you then got an idea. "Hey Y/n, you think you can speed up the process a little." He said coming closer to you.

"What?" You ask confused and turn your head to look at him, now with an arm over your shoulder.

"Dude." Kirshima said softly, trying to stop his friend but it was too late. 

"You know, like what you did this morning. It was kind of funny honestly." He said, leaning on you a bit while he chuckled. At this point everyone was looking at you two. You knew what he was referring to and tried not to react. You never want to talk about that ever again, so how dare he bring it up. 

"Dude." Kirishima trying to get his attention.

"Come on, I know you can do it. Just pretend it's Monoma's face or something." He said, giving you a small tug towards the pot of water that still wasn't boiling. 

"Dude!" Kirishima raises his voice and finally catches Kaminari's attention.

"What? I didn't even do anything." He said turning to Kirishima. Then he turned his head to look back at you and he was met with a blank stare. "Oh." He said softly as he retracted his hand from your shoulder and started stepping back away from you. 

You took slow steps towards him, still no emotion on your face. He bumped into the counter behind him and thought that he was dead. Kirishima tried to talk you into calming down. You took one last step so you were face to face with Kaminari, chests almost touching. You raised your hand and you saw his life flash before his eyes. You reached over, behind him, and placed your hand on the pot of water, you tilted your head slightly, putting all your anger into boiling the water.

Once it started boiling, you removed your hand from the pot and gave  Kaminari a small smile that was so obviously forced. 

"There." You said simply, walking back to the counter to finish chopping the meat. From the corner of your eye you saw Kaminari finally let his knees buckle and he fell to the ground, and Kirishima trying to pick him up. You looked back to everyone else that was watching this unfold and as soon as you lifted your head they all went back to what they were doing.

You locked eyes with your brother and sent him a small, real, smile. He let out a small sigh and went back to whatever he was doing.