Chapter 46

While you were both waiting for Pixie-bob to finish pairing everyone else up, you couldn't help but wonder what Mandalay whispered to her. You decided to drop it as you realized the activity was about to start. You looked over at your brother, you knew he didn't get scared easily so you knew he'd be fine but you were still worried. You wondered if Bakugou would agree to follow them, but you doubt it.

Suddenly while you were lost in thought, you didn't hear them say you could go, Bakugou roughly grabbed your arm and dragged you into the woods. 

"Hurry the fuck up. He's going to be fine idiot." He said looking straight ahead and already knowing what you were thinking about. You snapped out of it, becoming alert again and walking  side by side with him, but he still held your forearm. 

You were about to tell him that you didn't need him to hold on to you but then you heard rustling in the bushes right next to him. You quickly pulled him back towards you, he was about to get angry with you but then you both heard a loud thud.

"Ow!" Was all you heard as you both looked down in front of you to see a boy from Class 1B on the floor. Then you heard laughing coming from the bush he was hiding in.

"HAHAHAH, IM SO SORRY DUDE BUT, HAHAHAAH- I CAN'T!" Another boy from Class 1B stood up from the bush laughing at his partner, that was still on the floor. You and Bakugou took this opportunity to walk away. 

The two of you kept walking in silence for a while until Bakugou broke it. 

"What were you and that dumbass nerd talking about earlier?" He said, audible anger in his voice. You looked at him in confusion. "Don't give me that ducking face. During dinner, you two just never stopped talking. You  best friends now or what?" He said looking at you this time, and with more anger in his voice. 

"Uh, we were just talking about my quirk." You said calmly. He have you a dissatisfied look and you sighed before speaking again. "What? I didn't know you cared this much?" You added.

"I don't, the fuck." He scoffed as he just now let go of your arm. You didn't even realize he was still holding it until he let go. Your arm now suddenly cold once he let go. "I just want to know if I have competition. That's it!" He added, looking away to hide his face. 

"I'm not competition. I just unlocked a new skill I didn't know I could do is all." You explained, looking ahead. 

"Wait, like the lightning shit you did kind of skill?" He said looking back at you. "Show me." He demanded before you even had time to respond. You just gave him a confused look. "I said show me. I don't want to be surprised by your weird quirk like last time so just fucking do it." He persisted. 

"Ok, fine." You breathe out, knowing he isn't going to let it go. You look up trying to find a branch you think you could bend. You pick one that's just out of your reach and focus on it. Bakugou is looking at you confused. Looking at you, then the branch you're looking at, then back at you.

Closing your eyes, you reach your hands out and focus. Having just eaten, you feel fully energized so it was much easier moving the branch then last time. Bakugou's eyes widened as he saw the branch make its way over to you. Then, once you have it in your hands, you twisted it a couple times to make a spiral. 

You looked back at him and he had to pretend like he was impressed, but you saw the look on his face. 

"Whatever." He said with a scoff, then crossing  his arms as he looked away and continued to walk without you. You caught up with him, now walking in a somewhat comfortable silence. Then, you start to realize.

"Hey Bakugou?" You asked concern evident in your voice. You grab his arm like he did to you earlier and this just further worries him. 

"What?" He asks, looking at you with furrowed brows. You start looking around and listening intently at your surroundings. "What the fuck is it?" He asks getting annoyed.

"When was the last time we saw someone?" You asked, looking up at him. 

"Just those two idiots in the beginning. Why?" He answers nonchalantly.

"And how long have we been walking for?" You ask him getting more worried but the minute. He pulled out his phone to check the time.

"Calm the fuck down it's only been..." he stops, eyes widen slightly. "Thirty minutes." He finishes, putting his phone back.