Chapter 45

You heard the voices of your classmates outside and began to wake up. It was getting dark so they must all be back by now. Once you felt fully awake, you stepped outside. They were about to line up for dinner so you went to stand next to your brother. 

"Hey how did training go?" You asked after greeting him. In all honesty, today and yesterday were most likely the longest time you two spent apart. You two rarely got split up or chose to do separate things so it felt a little weird. 

"Fine. You?" He asked simply, walking up to the table and grabbing food. You did the same as you replied back with a small 'good'. 

The two of you sat together on the long table and this time you purposely sat next to Midoriya, thinking this would be the best time to talk to him about your quirk. You quickly sat next to him while your brother sat on his other side. 

"Hey Midoriya I wanted to talk to you about something." You said, turning to face him.

"Oh, sure Y/n, what is it?" He replied, somewhat happy and a little scared, not knowing what you were going to say. 

You began to fill him in on what happened earlier in training with Mr. Aizawa. He listened intently and even asked some questions so he fully understood the situation. What you hadn't noticed is that a certain blonde boy sat next to you while you were conversing with Midoriya.

He noticed your conversation and didn't appreciate being ignored. It's not like he wanted your attention or anything, right? No no, of course not he just didn't like that you were talking to Midoriya. Yeah, that's it, he definitely doesn't want you to talk to home instead. All these thoughts were running through his head. He's never felt this way before so he was confused and trying to push his feelings away. 

"Alright everybody! Dinner is over and it's time for a special nighttime activity." Pixie-bob announces to everyone. You didn't realize you spent the whole time talking to Midoriya until dinner was over. It was a nice talk though.

You stood next to your brother while you were all surrounding the Pussycats as they explained the rules of the activity. You saw Mr. Aizawa pull aside some students, the ones who didn't pass their final for their remedial classses.

"Everyone listen up, this is a test of courage." Mandalay starts to explain the activity. "For this first round Class 1B will have the chance to scare Class 1A, and after 15 minutes you both switch." She finishes explaining the rules and both classes look at each other. You find Monoma's eyes and he's glaring at you, which you return, but break away as Pixie-bob starts to speak again. 

"You all will be split into random pairs, and to make sure you went into the woods, you must retrieve a board with your name on it. The class with the most scares win!" She adds, then starts to name the pairs. You pray that you will be paired with your brother but you doubt it. 

"Shoto Todoroki, you go with... Izuku Midoriya." She called out. "Y/n Todoroki, I'll put you with..." she paused as Mandalay whispered something in her ear, covering her mouth with her...paw? So that you couldn't read her lips. "You go with Katsuki Bakugou." She finally said, pointing at him with a big smile. 

You turn to look at him and find him already looking at you. He scoffs and looks away from you, but nevertheless he makes his way over. You let out a quick but deep sigh, already knowing this would be a long night.