Tilak/mehndi

Hriday had been correct when he said that Krishna was not the one to follow rules, Krishna broke the rule every night as he sneaked to meet Prema, taking her away with him to Nidhivan and both would spend a lot of quality time together, Radha would sometimes join them but she preferred not to, both of the glad that Radha didn't know what was about to happen like them.
But they could enjoy the peace and happiness while it lasted.
As for our Balram Dau, he had tried to sneak and meet Revathi but had failed desperately as he was caught by Mata Rohini who had given him a huge scolding. But later with the help of Krishna and Hriday, he was able to spend time with his lady love before their marriage.

One week went by,
They would sneak and meet at night but now their wait was coming to an end because today was the day of the Tilak and Mehndi ceremony, in the morning with tilak ceremony would be held and in the evening the mehndi would be held.

___________________________________________

the house of Nand Baba was beautifully decorated because, today they would be returning to their home from the house of Radha where they were staying to conduct the ceremonies but now from today till the day of the wedding they would stay in their own house,
The boys were a little sad to be separated from their lady loves but Nand didn't give them even a minute to breathe, early morning nand came and asked them to start getting ready because it was it tilak ceremony and people from the bride's family would be arriving soon.

Today Yashoda Maiya and Rohini Maiya were unable to help both of their sons because they were extremely busy in the kitchen and with decoration work,
So today the boys had to get ready by themselves and they were a little bit relieved because they had been overwhelmed by their Mothers the last few days.

Soon it was time to start the Vidhi,
In this ceremony, the father or eldest brother or uncle of the bride is the one who gives the maiden away.
He brings gifts to the groom's home,
A few things are customary like fruits, grain, clothes, jewellery etc.
Kshatriya or the warrior class giving swords or weapons is also customary,
Atilak is applied on the forehead of the groom, it is an insurance to the family of the bride that the daughter will be forever cared for, it is also a symbol that the bride's family wholeheartedly accept that soon-to-be son-in-law.
This ritual generally does not include the bride or her mother.

___________________________________________

The tilak ceremony began,
Krishna and Balram were seated on beautifully decorated chairs,
Yashoda Maiya requested Raja kakudmi
To start the ritual for Balram as he was the eldest, the king first placed the Tilak on the head of Balram and then started presenting him with various gifts,
Finally, a big plate was brought in which confused everyone and caused Yashoda Maiya to ask," Rajan is that Mein Kya Hai?"

" Devi Yashoda ise thal mein vah hai jo Har Yoddha ki shan Hota Hai, uska Astra. Vaise to Balram Ko Kisi Astra ya Shastra ki avashyakta To Nahin Kyunki Mal yuddh Mein inse Behtar aur koi ho hi Nahin Sakta Kintu Hamare Yahan ka riwaj hai isiliye main Balram ke liye ek gada banvakar Laya hun." Replied the king in a loud and clear voice and pulled away the piece of silk cloth that was hiding A beautifully made mace inside it.

" Replied the king in a loud and clear voice and pulled away the piece of silk cloth that was hiding A beautifully made mace inside it