swayamvar talks

3 months later,

Prema and Krishna had decided to stay back, as Draupadi insisted that she learn from prema. Prema happily took Draupadi under her wing, in the past took months they had grown significantly closer their bond could be defined as a pair of long lost sisters.

They spent the first few weeks exploring the palace and the near-by areas,
Then they would sneak out to the markets in disguise and eat-out,
Sometimes Krishna would accompany them but he was really busy but he would take care of the kids when they were out.

When they were not on their adventures, they would spend time in the natyashala, panchali wanted to learn dance and prema was happy to teach, sometimes they would spend hours dancing away.

Prema made a few observations about Panchali in the past 3 months, while Panchali did not enjoy sword fighting but she was phenomenal at economics and commerce. She was a skilled horse rider and a strict administrator,
She was kind but just,
Always elegant and poised,
Maintaining her dignity and keeping her patience, she was the perfect image of an excellent queen. Not only that,
she was an excellent household manager, Swift and precise.
A perfectionist to the boot.

She was great at handling children,
Aryavir and sashirekha were mesmerized by her. Coming to the kids
At 9-months-old they had started babbling a few words like, ma, Ba, asi(masi). They were 8-months-old when they first started crawling and now those two were absolute mischief makers just like their father.

Both were born with their mother's eyes,
The most beautiful shade of ocean green
And their father's curly dark hair but inherited their mother's golden skin.
Other than that sashirekha looked completely like Krishna and Aryavir looked completely like prema.

___________________________________________

Late at night,

Krishna just arrived to their chambers after a meeting with Maharaj drupad,
Prema took one look at his face and knew it was something serious,
She put sashirekha in her cradle and moved to massage krishna's head as he sat by feet. A few minutes later Krishna said," Maharaj Drupad, draupadi ka Swayamvar karna chahte hain!"

"Itni shighra?" Asked prema as her hands gently trudged through his curly hair.

"Hmmn.." He said as his head felt light and relaxed.

"Kab hai?" She asked as Krishna laid his head on her lap and closed his eyes.

" 1-2 Mas mein!" He said, Prema closed her eyes and sighed," thoda zyaada jaldi nahi hogaya?"

"Tum toh keval tera baras ki thi Jab hamara vivah hua tha." He reminded her.

"Kintu usmein Meri prasannta thi aur vaise bhi mujhe bachpan se pata tha ki mera vivah 16 ya 16 se pahle hojaega."
She said brushing of his comment.

Krishna just looked at her and she understood, Panchali getting married would flip the terms of the politics in Aryavarth, more importantly she was one of the keys and the burning light of Dharm sthapna.

Prema closed her eyes and took in a deep breath as she said," 3 Mass mein bacche 1 varsh ke ho jaenge, Maharaj Drupad ko Kaho Ki tab tak Swayamvar ki taiyariyan Karen Kintu Ek awaaz bhi Bahar Nahin Jaani chahie, bacchon ke janmdivas ke liye Panchali ko Dwarika Le chalenge!"Krishna just nodded.

Prema pulled Krishna up from the floor and on the bed, they both layed on each side looking at their precious children
Sleeping peacefully, trying to drink up the tranquillity and peace of the moment as saving and savoring it for the turbulent future.

The end was nearing its beginning.