Chapter 15

"Happy birthday Louis!!"

Two small children jumped at me as the front door of my parent’s house swung open. I caught Daisy in my arms and Phoebe leaped into Harry's. We walked into the house and the smell of a Christmas Eve dinner overwhelmed me. The house was decorated for Christmas and everything felt warm and welcoming as Harry and I took off our shoes and heavy winter coats.

"Thank you! And merry Christmas Eve you two. Where are all the other monsters?"

They shrugged and ran upstairs and into their rooms to play. 

Harry and I walked hand and hand into the living room to find the rest of the family sitting around and watching a Christmas special.

"Louis! I didn't hear you two boys come in! Happy birthday sweetie, and a merry Christmas eve to both of you!"

"Thanks mum!"

"Yeah thank you Jay! I really appreciate you letting me come here for Christmas Eve."

"Oh it's no problem at all Harry, we love having you here!"

Harry gave her a warm smile and wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me into him. I leaned into the touch, loving the warmth he gave off.

I saw my father get up and off the couch and move towards us. As he came closer I felt my heart beat faster and I could feel Harry's grip tightening on my waist. He stopped just in front of us and looked at the pair of us.

"Happy birthday Louis." He said monotone.

"...Thanks dad."

He nodded his head and looked at Harry and I again before retreating upstairs to his bedroom.

Harry and I were getting comfortable on the couch in the living room when I noticed a new piece of furniture in the room.

"Mum when did you get that piano?"

"Oh Daisy and Phoebe had been wanting one ever since you got into your whole music thing and so your father and I bought one for them for Christmas. They were so excited when they saw it."

"You know one thing Harry studies at Man U for is performing arts as a pianist."

My mum looked over at Harry and a smile grew on her face.

"Really? Well then we'll have to hear you play! I've only heard Louis a few times, he doesn't like to play much in front of people."

I felt my cheeks heat up as I looked to the ground.

"I didn't know Louis could play piano... But I'd love to play for you guys some time."

My mum smiled over at him and got up off the chair and went into the kitchen to finish dinner up. 

As my mum walked out Harry turned to look at me. He was sitting in the corner of the couch and I was in the middle looking anywhere but at him.

"So you play piano. Any other secret talents you haven't told me about?"

He didn't sound mad. If anything he sounded amused.

"No I think you've uncovered all my secrets by now."

He chuckled and put a hand on my arm and pulled me down so I could lay my head down on his lap. As I got comfortable and put his fingers in my hair and massaged my head softly.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I don't know it wasn't a big deal. I'm not nearly as good as you are and I haven't played since I was in college so I didn't think it mattered."