Chapter 45

"Sir, are you there?" The doctor asked.

I opened my mouth to say something but my throat was dry and I could barely breathe.

"Yes... Yeah I'm here..." I had to clear my throat as I combed my fingers through my hair, trying to make sense of all of this.

"Mr. Tomlinson you need to get to the hospital as soon as possible. When you get here we will notify any other family members."

"Yeah... Okay..." I breathed into the phone.

I hung up the phone up quickly and ran to get my shoes. I put them on and raced through the house trying to find my car keys, my heart pounding as I ran. Once I found them I ran out the door and to the car.

I was racing down the streets and got to the hospital in less then ten minutes. I pulled into a parking spot and ran inside feeling as though my heart was going to burst out of my chest. I saw the reception desk and ran over to it, my forehead beginning to sweat as I breathed heavily.

"Harry..." I breathed.

"I'm sorry sir, who?" The nurse asked.

"Harry! I need Harry Styles!!" I yelled feeling panicked.

The nurse looked scared for a second before typing into her computer.

"He's in the ICU room 6. I'll take you there."

My head began pounding and I could feel my heart stop again when she said ICU.

The nurse got up from her chair and started walking down the hallway. She led me down a million halls and it seemed never ending. The nurse started talking but I could barely hear her as my heart was about to pound out of my chest. I felt her touch my arm as we continued walking and she looked over at me.

"Sir, did you hear me?"

I shook my head because I knew if I tried to talk nothing would come out.

"What I was saying was that Mr. Styles was riding his motorcycle when it started to rain. An oncoming car started skidding and it went into the other lane. Mr. Styles was hit head on and was thrown off of the motorcycle. The driver of the car had called the ambulance and Mr. Styles was unconscious when we found him. The doctor will tell you more."

I felt tears in my eyes as I brought my hand over my mouth. I couldn't believe this was actually happening... I felt as though my entire world was crashing down and there was nothing I could do to hold it up.

Finally we stopped in front of a door and it had a number 6 on it. The nurse nodded to the door and I let out a deep breath before placing my hand on the handle.

I opened the door slowly and heard the soft beeps of the machine. I walked in the room slowly and turned the corner to see Harry. As I looked at him I felt tears fall down my cheeks as I brought my hand to cover my mouth.

Harry had a bandage wrapped around his head and a cast on his left arm and on his right leg. He had so many tubes and machines hooked up to him I almost didn't recognize him.

I forced myself to move towards him and took a seat in the chair next to his bed. I brought my hand up to the bed and held his cold hand too tight as more tears fell down my cheeks. Dry cracking sobs escaped me as I squeezed his hand, running my fingers over his wedding ring and laid my head on the bed. Sobs turned into great heaving cries as I couldn't believe what was happening. 'This wasn't my life' I thought... 'This can't be right!'.

I heard the door open and I turned my head to see a doctor walk in the room. I wiped my eyes and sniffled as he walked towards me. I looked back at Harry, feeling as though if I took my eyes off of him I would lose him.