Chapter 38

About a week later Harry and I were almost completely settled into the new house. We had to buy more furniture because all of the furniture we had in the flat didn't fill up the rooms in the new house. Harry was the official decorator and he really made the house feel warm and welcoming.

I was sitting in the office, which was one of the bedrooms upstairs, working on a composition for one of the movies the studio was working on.

I had been stressing over this piece for about a week now, which was the same time we moved into the house. I was thinking about all of this as I was trying to come up with some type of melody for the piece and I couldn't think of anything. It was due in three days and I had zero things written on the paper.

I was hunched over the desk and rubbing my fingers through my hair as I tried to think of anything to put on the paper.

As I was trying to think the dog was pacing in the room and started barking. I turned to look at Mason and when I did he stopped barking. I rolled my eyes and went back to face the desk. When I turned away he started barking again and I could feel myself getting angrier.

"Mason, out!" I yelled at him.

When I looked to him he stopped barking and he looked back at me for five seconds before barking again.

I rubbed my face with my hands as I was getting more and more annoyed.

"Harry!!" I screamed as I ran my fingers through my hair.

I heard Harry come up the stairs and he walked into the office.

"What's up Lou?"

"Can you please take this freaking dog outside. I'm trying to work." I knew my tone wasn't the nicest but at this point I didn't care. A huff of air escaped me as I turned back to the desk.

Harry shuffled around the room a bit before placing a hand on my shoulder and squeezing gently as I turned to look at him. He had Mason in his arms and was wearing a soft expression.

"Okay. I'm going to make dinner. Want me to call you when it's ready?"

I shook my head. "No, I really need to work on this."

"Alright... Well I wanted to talk to you about something."

I put my hands over my face and tried to keep my breathing calm as I got more annoyed. "What is it Harry?"

"Well not really talk, but tell you, well I guess talk but I-"

"What is it Harry?! C'mon can you not see I'm trying to work!" I snapped at him.

He had a hurt expression when I looked up from the ground and to him. I looked at him with an expression that was annoyed as I was waiting for him to respond. He just looked back at me, not saying anything.

"Well are you going to say something or get out so I can continue to work?" I asked, my tone harsh.

He looked at me for a second more before looking to the ground and shaking his head. When he looked back up at me he had a sad expression.

"Forget it... I'll leave you in here alone."

"Thank you... Close the door when you leave." I said as I turned my back to him to face the desk.

When I heard the door close I tried to focus on my piece and finally after about an hour of just sitting, staring at the paper something came to me. I began frantically writing on the music staff of the paper. Once I finished the melody I began to transpose it into the separate sections for the band. I was about halfway done when I looked at my phone and saw that it was past midnight. I figured I could finish it tomorrow and I got up to make myself a quick sandwich before going to bed.