Chapter 47

"Mr. Tomlinson... Mr. Tomlinson!!" I felt someone shake me awake and when I looked around I saw that I was in the waiting room of the hospital. My parents, the boys, Anne and Gemma were all sitting doing their own things. I looked up and saw that a nurse was the one who was shaking me.

"Mr. Tomlinson, he's awake." She said.

I shook my head and felt tears come to my eyes. "No, he's dead..."

"No he isn't. He was just in  a coma... He's awake."

I looked at her confused and then I realized it... It was just a dream. When 'my dad shook me awake' when I sang that song... That was just a dream...

I jumped to my feet and burst through Harry's door. When I turned the corner I saw Harry with his beautiful emerald green eyes open and when he saw me there was that dimpled smile.

I smiled to myself as tears came to eyes. He was alive... He was going to be okay.

I rushed towards him and hugged him, burying my head in his neck. I thought I would never be able touch him again, be able to talk to him again...

Tears ran down my cheeks as he hugged me back with his one good arm.

"I thought I lost you..." I whispered.

He shook his head as he started kissing my neck and then I moved so he could kiss my lips. I could feel him smiling against me and I returned that smile, because I just couldn't believe this.

"I love you so much Harry, you have no idea." I said as I cupped his cheek

"I think I have a clue." He said with that dimpled grin I would never get sick of seeing.

I smiled at him one more time before leaning in and kissing him hard.

*~* 

"Careful babe... Take it easy."

"Lou I'm fine! I think I can get to the front door by myself." Harry chuckled.

Harry had been in the hospital for another week and half before he was released. Today was his first day back home and I really didn't want him to hurt himself even more.

I opened the door for him and Mason immediately ran up to greet him.

"Hey buddy!!" Harry reached down to pet Mason but was having trouble because he had a full leg cast and another cast on his arm.

Mason started jumping up on Harry and I swatted him down.

"Mason get down."

"He's fine babe." Harry pecked my cheek quickly before moving further into the house. "It's so good to me home!" He said excitedly.

I smiled as he moved around the house. I thought I would never see him in this house again, smiling and full of life.

"Babe I have a surprise for you!" I yelled.

I heard his crutches hit the floor as he came back to the foyer.

"What is it?" He asked.

"It's upstairs... Are you able to go upstairs?" I asked looking at him. It seemed like it would be pretty hard for him.

He shrugged. "We can just do it on the couch."

"That's not your surprise you weirdo." I laughed at him as he just smiled at me.

"I'm sure I can try." He said looking at the stairs.

He got to the first step and just looked up the stairs.

"Come here." He said, nodding his head for me to help him. "Here." He passed me his crutches and put and arm around my shoulder. He put most of his weight on me and I tried to hold him up.

"Ready?" I asked.

He nodded his head and he swung his leg that didn't have the full cast on it up. I helped him push up and we made it to the second step. I saw him wince in pain a little as he moved.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'll be fine."

We slowly worked our way up the stairs and finally made it to the top. We were both breathing pretty heavily when we got there and I passed Harry his crutches back.

"Well... Let's not do that again." He said with a chuckle.

"Agreed." I said, laughing with him. "Here, follow me."

I lead him into the nursery and when he saw it his eyes lit up

"Oh my God... Lou." He looked around the nursery and the smile wouldn't leave his face.

While Harry was at the hospital, getting better the boys and I went to work finishing the room. We set up the two cribs, hanged pictures and completely finished the room with all of the things Harry had bought before the accident. We put all of their clothes in the drawers and we had diapers and the changing table was all set up. The boys and I had also set up two cushioned rocking chairs for Harry and I.

"Louis this is incredible."

Harry moved towards me and I grabbed his hips, pulling him towards me. He smiled down at me before leaning on his crutches and connecting our lips in a deep kiss.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and broke the kiss. "Just think, in about a three weeks the babies will be in here and it will reek of poop and spit up." I smiled at him and he chuckled.

"I can't wait. I was hoping it would smell like you know babies, but I'll deal with whatever" He said with a smile.

As I watched Harry walk around the room I couldn't keep the smile off of my face. When we were at the hospital and Harry was still in his coma I thought that I would be a single dad. I thought I would have to raise two kids and a dog and pay off a house all by myself. I felt a tear come to my eye as I thought about it more and more. I tried to wipe it away before Harry saw but I knew I was too late.

"What's wrong Lou?" He asked moving towards me.

I shrugged. "Harry... You know it's my fault you were almost unable to see this room finished. To almost not be here when the babies were born." I felt more tears come and I couldn't tell you how sick I was of crying.

"Whoa, where's that coming from babe?" He pulled me into his arms and hugged me tightly. "That's not true." He said shaking his head.

"If I hadn't asked you to go get a screwdriver you wouldn't have been in the accident..." I said into his chest.

"It's not your fault Lou... I don't want to hear you say that. And besides I'm here now and that's all that matters, right?"

I nodded my head and he smiled at me as he leaned down and kissed me gently.

"On the plus side, we're going to be parents soon, so forget about all of that and just think about the now, yeah?" He said.

"You're right..." I leaned my head against his chest and he kissed my head. "Why don't we try to get you back downstairs?"

"Well since we're up here there's one more room I want to go in."

I looked at him questioningly. "Which one?"

"Ours."

He winked at me before moving his crutches and walking out the door and towards our room.