Chapter 35

It was about a week after our honeymoon and Harry and I were back home in Manchester looking for houses. We found one in my parent’s neighborhood about three blocks away from them. It was a Tudor style house with a brown picket fence that came up a bit above your waist. The fence had a gate that opened with a latch that you lifted up, and when you opened the gate you were met with a flush garden that border the outside of the house. Green, pink, purple and blues met you as you walked up the short walkway and to the wooden door. 

"What do you think of the outside?" The Realtor asked.

"It's really lovely. I love the fence." Harry said.

I looked around and nodded my head in agreement. The outside was really beautiful, it gave off a real calming feeling.

"Would you like to go inside?" 

"Sure." I said to the her worth a smile on my face.

We walked to the wooden door and opened it to reveal a medium sized foyer. It looked like it had tiled marble flooring and a wooden staircase the curved along the wall. There was a half bathroom against one of the walls. The walls in the foyer were a red wine color, and there were two doorways on both the left and right side of the foyer. The right foyer leads to a living room with wooden floors. The walls were a soft crème color and one wall was made completely of brick, holding a fireplace inside with a wooden banister above it.

The doorway on the left of the foyer lead to a family room that also had wooden floors and another fireplace, this one electric. The walls were two shades of blue, one was a light, and soft blue while the other one was darker. The colors of the foyer, family room, and living room were all different but they complimented each other nicely. As we walked around the home I began liking it more and more.

We moved into the dining room that was off of the family room and it was a dark brown color with a modern circle shaped chandelier.

Off of the dining room there was a modern kitchen, fully equipped with the latest technology. There was an island that held a gas stove and a breakfast bar. There was enough room in the kitchen for another small table to be set up and there was plenty of counter space.

"I love this kitchen." Harry said.

I smiled over at him as he skimmed his hands on the black marble counter tops, marveling at it.

"There is a bedroom right above the garage which is right through here. There is also a washer and dryer and a bathroom right through here."

We followed the Realtor through a doorway that was off of the kitchen and to the right there was a narrow staircase that leads to the bedroom above the garage.

"You can use it as a bedroom, playroom for kids, or an office."

"I like how it's kind of away from the house. Like a little getaway." I said. I liked how private it was.

At the bottom of the stairs there was the bathroom, washer and dryer, and the door that lead to the two-car garage.

We walked back to the foyer and walked up the stairs that curved along the wall. At the top of the stairs there were 4 bedrooms. Each bedroom had wooden floors. Two of the bedrooms had a conjoined full bathroom and the other two rooms had their own full bathroom. The master bedroom had the same colored walls as the foyer and it was pretty large. A window that looked over the front of the yard and when you moved to the back of the room and towards the bathroom there was a window that looked over the side of the house.

I was looking out the front window when I felt Harry come up behind me and wrap his arms around my waist.

"I could definitely see us here." He said as he leaned down to kiss my neck.

I turned around to face him and smiled.

"Why don't we finish looking around first." I kissed his lips quickly before turning to the Realtor. "Is there more to see?"

"Yes, there is the full basement, and the outside."

I nodded my head as we walked back down the stairs and the Realtor lead us to the basement door that was off of the dining room. 

We walked down the carpeted blue stairs and saw a fully finished basement with soft blue and yellow walls.

"Now this could be used for a playroom, or a theater."

"I like how cool it is down here. It's really nice for the summer. Now does it heat up normally for the winter?" Harry asked.

"Yes, it heats up just fine."

We both nodded our heads and walked around the large basement. There was a door that lead to and unfinished part that could be used for storage.

"Now I think you guys will appreciate the outside. Follow me."

We followed the Realtor upstairs and back through the family room. There was a glass-paneled door and when we opened it there was a screen room that had a hot tub in it.

"Lou... Look at this!! We could even sit out here in the winter!"

Harry was almost jumping he was so excited and I smiled at him as I looked around. I really liked this house but I mostly wanted to look at the backyard.

There was a door from the screen room that led us to the back yard. There was a large patio and the brown fence that was in the front yard wrapped around the back. When you looked around the yard it looked like a tropical paradise. There was an in ground pool that was bordered with many different types of plants and flowers and there was a large grassed area.

"Wow..." It barely came out as a whisper when I said it.

"So what do you think?" The Realtor asked us.

I looked to Harry who was smiling wildly.

"I really love it. Louis and I will go home and talk about and we will call you later tonight to tell you what we decide."

The Realtor nodded and Harry moved towards me grabbing my hand as we walked around the house to get to the car.

Once we got in the car Harry laced his hand in mine as he drove and looked over at me with a wide smile.

"What did you think?" He asked me.

"I really liked a lot. You don't think it's too big for us though?"

"I don't think so. I mean we'll grow into it and it's in a great neighborhood, near work, and a park is only a couple blocks away."

"It's a big house to grow in to babe." I smiled over at him. "How many kids are we talking about?"

He shrugged. "At least two or three." He squeezed my hand and I smiled over at him.

"Alright... I really do love it. It just gave off a welcoming, and warm feeling."

"Lou... Are we going to buy a house?" He asked with a smile.

"Yeah, it looks like we are."

He gave me a dimpled smile and I returned it. When we got back to the flat we called the Realtor and put an offer on the house. By tomorrow night we would know if we were going to be official homeowners.