Chapter 25

Harry and I had gotten back to our flat and showered off all of the mud. We had dinner at my parent’s house tonight and we figured we couldn't show up looking like we had rolled in the mud, even though we had.

About a month ago we started seeing each other's family more. Every other Saturday we would eat dinner at my parents house and the weekends we didn't see my parents we would drive to Harry's parent's house and eat dinner there, usually resulting in us drinking too much to drive home, or we were just too tired, so we would stay the night and leave Sunday morning.

My family had really grown to love Harry more than they already had. Even my dad started engaging him in conversation. He's been a lot better. Ever since Christmas something changed in him. I don't know what made him start to accepting me. He hadn't been this nice to me since I was 14 and it was strange for him to talk to me, or ask me question and genuinely care about my answer. Maybe he realized there was nothing he could to change me. Whatever he saw or realized I'm glad he did because my old dad is coming back. The dad who actually wanted to be near me and talk to me.

I know he still gets a bit weirded out when Harry and I kiss or are too intimate for his liking but he gets over it soon enough. 

"Harry you ready to go?" I yelled into the bathroom from our bedroom.

"Yeah, give me one more second!"

"You're hair is fine, let's go!"

Harry finally came out of the bathroom and we left for my parent’s house.

 *~*

"Harry!!"

The twins yelled as they opened the door and jumped into Harry's arms. He was already down to their height expecting them to hug him.

"I don't get a hello?"

Daisy let go of Harry and looked up to me.

"Hi Louis!"

"Hey you little monster, come here."

She climbed in my arms, shortly followed by Phoebe. Harry walked into the house and took off his shoes, already making himself at home as he said hello to the rest of my family.

I walked into the house and met Harry in the kitchen talking to my mum. I smiled at the sight of the two, amazed at how close they had come.

"Hey mum."

"Louis! How have you been love?"

I walked over to her and gave her a hug and planted a kiss on her cheek.

"Pretty good. Got a bit roughed up today."

"Who roughed you up there Lou?"

I jumped at my dad’s voice, not knowing he had come in the room. I could hear Harry laughing beside me and my mum looked between the two of us.

"We were playing footie with the boys and it started raining, there was mud, and Zayn tackled me. Harry was being pinned by Niall and Liam, but got away from them and he tackled Zayn off me. You know just some horsing around.

"Big man Harry, taking down the pretty boy."

My dad clapped Harry on the back as he spoke and Harry had a blush creeping up on his cheeks. My mum and I laughed because Harry was not a "big guy", not in the slightest.

"You score any goals Lou?"

My dad turned to me and I looked back at him with a smile.

"Yeah, both Harry and I did."

"...Harry scored a goal?" My mum asked.

My parents knew how clumsy Harry was and this was obviously a shocker to both of them.