Chapter 64

2 Years Later

I looked out onto the calm water, taking a deep breath in as the cool summer air moved around me in a light breeze. The air felt good against my skin as the hot noon sun beat down on me. I looked down at the dock and smiled to myself as I saw Harry standing with Hayden and Soph at his side as they looked out at the water.

They had grown so fast... They were four years old and full of energy, Harry and I could hardly keep up. Nate and Rosie were almost three and it had just amazed me how fast time had gone by.

Nate was sitting in my lap as I fed him some of a sandwich and Rosie was sitting by my side playing with the grass that was near her, Mason relaxing under the shade of the tree.

Harry and I had brought them down to the river and as Harry showed them the dock I sat up on the grassy hill that was in front of the dock. We set up a blanket, and brought some food as we relaxed by the river.

"Daddy!"

I looked up and saw Hayden running towards me, Soph and Harry right behind him. 

I smiled at him as he ran up to me and when he got to me he ran around me and jumped on my back.

"Buddy, watch your brother." I said as he climbed on me.

"Sorry Nate." He said, grinning at Nate.

"Daddy, futbol!" He said.

"You want to play big guy?" I asked as I grabbed him and pulled him to my side and kissed his cheek.

He giggled at me as he nodded.

"Alright buddy. Babe you okay watching them?" I asked Harry.

He nodded at me with a sweet smile and I returned it with a grin. I picked Nate off my lap and set him down next to Rosie. I scooped up Hayden in my arms and walked towards Harry. I leaned in and kissed him gently, feeling him smile against me.

"Dad, daddy stop!" Hayden said as he hit my shoulder.

"What you don't like kisses?" I teased him. "I know someone who likes kisses. Miss Soph get over here!"

Sophia ran towards me and I scooped her up in my other arm. "You like my kisses, don't you Soph?"

"I love daddy kisses." She said with a wide grin.

I gave her a big kiss on the cheek and she giggled at me.

"Daddy futbol!" Hayden said.

"I play too!" Soph said.

I looked to Harry and smiled at him as I could see him laughing.

"Why don't we do teams? I get Hayden and Rosie and dad gets Nate and Soph?"

"You sure you want me to play babe?" Harry asked me as he chuckled to himself.

"Soph can carry the team, won't you Soph?" I asked her.

"Yeah!" She said.

I put both Hayden and Soph down on the ground and walked over to Rosie to pick her up. Harry came over and picked up Nate as I got the futbol.

Harry and I balanced Nate and Rosie on our hips as Hayden and Soph were at our sides ready to go.

"Alright we ready?" Harry asked.

I nodded my head as both Hayden and Soph said 'yeah!' in unison. I smiled to myself as I saw Harry kick the ball lightly to Soph and she tried running and kicking it. Hayden ran towards her and kicked the ball away.