Chapter 41

"Harry! I'm home!" I yelled as I walked through the front door.

Mason came up to me and started jumping on my leg. He was still so little and you could still hold him in one hand. I dropped my workbag by the door and scooped him up.

"Hey buddy." I kissed and rubbed his head gently as I walked into the living room looking for Harry.

"Harry?" I yelled.

"I'm in the kitchen!" He yelled back.

I walked into the kitchen and saw Harry at the stove. He had something in the oven and multiple pots were cooking on the stove.

I placed Mason on the floor before moving closer to Harry. I brought my hand up to his waist and kissed him quickly on the lips.

"What's all this?" I asked pointing to the pots.

"I can't make a nice dinner for my husband after he comes home from a hard day of work? He asked, smiling at me.

I eyed him suspiciously. "Of course you can... You had work today too though."

He shrugged and continued smiling at me as he stirred one of the pots. 

I looked at him for another second before moving to the fridge and pulling out a beer. I walked back over to the breakfast bar, which was right in front of the stove and watched as Harry cooked. He was still smiling as I popped off the cap and took a sip of the beer.

"Why are you so happy?" I asked, taking another sip.

"I can't be happy?" He looked up at me, still smiling.

I eyed him as he cooked and he glanced at me a couple of times, his dimpled smile never leaving.

"What's up with you?" I asked.

"Nothing." He said shrugging.

"Harry..."

"Lou..." He looked up at me with a grin.

"You're smiling is starting to freak me out." I took another sip of beer and looked back at him.

"Well then why don't you take Mason out and get away from my smiling and I will finish dinner?"

I eyed him before getting up from my seat and looked for the dog.

I went outside with Mason and was out there for a little over five minutes before going back into the house and walking into the kitchen where Harry had made us both plates. He was standing over the little table we had in the kitchen and placing everything down.

"Hey babe where's my beer?" I asked looking around.

He turned around and looked at me. "I set it down over here."

I walked over to the table and placed my hand on Harry's lower back as I looked at the food he made.

"It looks delicious love." I said, kissing his cheek.

We both took our seats and started eating.

Harry had made a chicken bake and mashed potatoes with homemade gravy, and green beans.

I looked up from my plate and took a sip of beer as I glanced over at Harry.

"This is really good babe. Thank you for making all of this."

"Of course." He said smiling over at me.

"So... Are you going to tell me why you made all of this?" I asked, eyeing him questioningly.

"I already did."

"Seriously Harry... What's up?" I brought my hand up to his that was laying on the table and grabbed it, rubbing small circles on his hand with my thumb.

"Well I got a call today..."

"Okay, who from?"

"Gemma."

"And...? I need something more than a one worded answer here Harry."

He looked to his lap and when he looked back up at me he had a wide smile on his face.

"It worked Lou... She's pregnant."

I felt as though my breathing had stopped. I looked at Harry and he just kept the same smile he wore before.

"We're gonna be dads..?" It almost came out as a whisper.

Harry nodded his head and I saw tears welling up in his eyes. "We're gonna be dads Lou."

I cupped my mouth with my hands as I felt tears coming to my own eyes. Harry looked at me and stood up, coming towards me. He knelt to the ground in front of me and wiped a stray tear that had fallen down my cheek. I looked at him in shock for a moment before wrapping my arms around him and tucking my head into his neck. He brought his arms up to me and returned the hug, resting his chin on my shoulder.

We stayed like that for a minute before he pulled away and placed his hands on my waist. He smiled at me and leaned in to kiss me gently.

"I can't believe this Harry... I mean we're going to be parents!"

His smile widened and he moved in to kiss me one more time.

"Have you called your mum yet?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "I was waiting to tell you."

"We need to call them, and my parents, oh and the boys, we can't forget the boys! Harry! We're going to be parents!!"

"I know Lou!" He kissed me quickly. "I know."

"Holy shit... We need to go shopping!"

"Babe we have nine months to go shopping, I think we can hold off on that."

"Right, right... You're right."

My heart was racing and I just felt like I was on top of the world. My breathing was getting heavy and I couldn't really think straight. I was going to have a child... Harry and I were going to parents.

"Alright Lou just breath for me. Was I this bad when we were at the doctors?" He asked, chuckling at me.

I laughed to myself shaking my head. "Have I told you lately how much I love you?" I asked smiling at him.

"I think you mentioned it a couple of times." He brought his hand to the back of my head and pulled me down to him for a deep kiss.