Chapter 50

It was around 3am when the phone started ringing. Harry and I were already tired from the day going to the doctor’s office to take off his arm cast and getting a smaller boot cast for his leg. He could actually walk in this one without crutches.

"Lou..." Harry started shaking me. "Louis get the phone." He said sleepily.

I moved my arm from around his waist and reached for my cellphone on my bedside table.

"Hello?" I barely said.

"Louis?"

"Hey Anne, what's up?" I asked as I was yawning.

At the sounds of Anne's name Harry tuned towards me and leaned against his arm so he was slightly over me.

"Gemma is in labor."

I sat up instantly. "Wait, right now?"

"Yes, right now! We're at Manchester Memorial Hospital. Get here quickly."

I hung up the phone and sprung out of bed and started looking through my drawers for clothes.

"What’s going on?!" Harry asked concerned.

"Gemma's in labor! We need to pack a bag quickly and go."

Harry shot out of bed and mimicked my actions looking for clothes.

I threw on a pair of black workout shorts and a blue t-shirt. I started shoving both mine and Harry's clothes into a bag. After I grabbed clothes I ran into the bathroom and grabbed everything we needed. I walked back into the bedroom and saw Harry looking for something.

"What are you looking for Harry?"

"I need my phone! I'm gonna want pictures and everything!"

"Babe it's on your bedside table plugged in like it usually is."

He grabbed it and wobbled over to me. I but on my backpack on with all of our things in it and started walking out of the bedroom and down the stairs. I was halfway down the stairs when I remembered Harry might need help.

"Harry you good?"

I could see him gripping the railing hard as he came down the stairs.

"Yeah, I'm good. You grab the car keys off of the counter."

I nodded and rushed down the rest of the stairs and jogged into the kitchen to grab the car keys. When I got back to the foyer Harry was at the last step. I opened the front door for him and he started walking out towards the car. I closed the door and locked it before I walked outside into the cool June morning air. I unlocked the car and climbed into the drivers seat, turning the car on quickly and backing out of the driveway.

We raced to the hospital and when we got there I started running towards the entrance but I remembered Harry. I could see him trying to move as quickly as possible without hurting himself. He was wobbling towards me and when he caught up to me I stayed at his pace.

We got to the front desk and I tried to get the nurse's attention. When Harry had his accident I got to know the nurses here pretty well. I saw one of the nurses I knew and tried to wave her over.

"Gene!!" I said.

She looked over at me and smiled. "The Tomlinson boys are back! Are you feeling okay Harry?" 

"Yeah Gene I'm fine. My sister Gemma is here, she's in labor and we need to know what room she's in." Harry said.

Gene sat down at the computer and started typing away. "Congratulations to your sister for becoming a mum Harry." She said as she typed.