1

2 and 1/2 years later.... (!!!)

Adora

"I can't have a pimple on my wedding day."

"And you won't," Alessandra said, "here, hold an ice cube to it."

I just looked at myself in the mirror, sighing.

My phone chimed and I picked it up.

[From: Hubby]
Hey, guess what? Your last name is going to King in a few hours

That very message brought a wide smile to my face.

[To: Hubby]
And then off to our honeymoon... 👅

I smiled as I tucked my phone under my leg again, making Alessandra sigh. "You know that's bad luck, don't you?"

"What? He hasn't seen me," I said, defending our actions.

"It's all bad luck," Alessandra said, poofing my hair up a bit.

"You're wearing it down for the wedding, right?" Elizabeth asked, nodding in my direction.

"I don't know, should I wear it up?"

"I think you should wear it up," Luciana said.

"Me too," Alessandra said, "majority rules."

I just giggled, grabbing my phone.

[From: Hubby]
You still don't know where we're going. :)

I'd probably made a mistake by leaving the honeymoon up to Santiago. I knew he would make it a surprise, and I hated surprises.

Sometimes.

This surprise I was excited for, though. But part of me just wanted to know where we were going, because I liked to know everything.

Definitely on a day as stressful as today.

[To: Hubby]
Ugh. I know it's going to be worth it when we make it there though!

[From: Hubby]
We can do all kinds of sight seeing tomorrow. We have BIG plans for tonight

[To: Hubby]
Oh, trust me, I know we do ;)

"Stop sexting," Elizabeth said, "you'll have tonight and all the next two weeks to talk dirty."

She snatched my phone and I let out a breath, folding my hands together in my lap.

"You guys are cute," Alessandra said, "Mateo and I haven't done a decent amount of even speaking since I had Kate."

"Why don't you two go away for a weekend?" Luciana asked, pinning my hair up as she looked at Alessandra, "Val and I can keep the kids."

"I'll spark the idea to him," she said, "though I'm not sure if he's interested."

"If you mention being alone in a room with a bed, he'll jump," Elizabeth said.

"Agreed," I said, nodding as I looked at Alessandra through the mirror.

"It's your wedding day," Alessandra said, "focus is on you and only you. Got it?"

I just smiled.

"Actually, I'm with Elizabeth," I said, "can I just wear my hair down?"

I shot Luciana a scared smile, making her lips pull up into a grin. "It's your day. I was waiting on you to put your foot down, I knew you wanted your hair down."