35

Santiago

I sighed as I walked down the hallway, leaning against the doorframe of our bedroom as soon as I made it there.

I smiled a small smile, my eyes centered in on Adora focused on something on her laptop.

She eventually looked up and I smiled, pushing myself off of the doorframe.

"Come," she said, nodding her head, holding her hand out, "I have to show you this."

I walked over to her and grabbed her hand, pressing a kiss to the back of it. I sat down on the edge of the bed and angled her computer towards me, sliding on my glasses.

My vision was getting worse with age, that was for sure.

PGP Relief.

I just flexed my jaw, looking over at her.

"I can go to the chiropractor," she said, "it can last from anywhere from a week to a few months. And I only really have four or so left, so maybe it can last me until I'm done."

I just sighed, pursing my lips together.

"Santiago, it's worth a shot, don't you think?"

"Is the operation supposed to be painful?" I asked.

"Well, yeah, they literally adjust my whole lower half," she said, angling her laptop towards her, "so pain is involved, but-"

"I don't want you to go through that pain for it to just be thrown away in a week and you back in this position," I said, shaking my head.

"Santiago, I can guarantee you that the possibility of going through whatever that pain is and possibly being better for even a week is a lot better of a deal than going through this for the rest of my pregnancy," she said.

I just looked at her. It was her body, she was the one going through the pain.

And maybe it would last for more than a week.

Maybe it wouldn't.

I just sighed and nodded. "Okay."

She just smiled.

"I'll find a chiropractor that we can trust," I said, nodding, "if there's a possibility that you can feel better, okay."

She smiled and nodded, her fingers caressing my cheekbone. "Thank you, baby."

I just nodded, grabbing her hand. I pressed a kiss to it and stood up, unbuttoning my shirt.

"How was your day?" She asked.

"Busy," I said, "yours?"

"Yeah, totally busy," she said, raking a hand through her hair.

I just smiled and shrugged out of my shirt. "How's Major been?"

"Great," she said, "you know, I know he was supposed to be your therapy dog, but he's kinda turning into mine and I kinda feel bad about it."

"But you kinda don't," I said, nodding, "yeah, I knew that was coming."

She just giggled. "She's been active today."

I just looked down at her stomach, nodding slowly. "Has it been hurting?"

She shook her head. "I mean, the rolling around on my pelvis doesn't really help, but as long as I'm sitting down it's not bad. I just can't stand up."

I just nodded and slipped into a pair of sweats, climbing in bed.

"Santiago?" She asked, grabbing both of my hands, cupping them with her own.