bf 13

Arabella

"Earth to Ari?"

I heard Violet's voice, I was just tuning her out.

"Earth to Ari?" She waved her hand in front of my face, wide eyes.

I looked over at her. "Hmm?"

"You couldn't make it any more obvious that you want to fuck him."

My eyes went round, making me let out a sigh. "Vi-"

"Is there a problem back there?"

I looked up at my teacher, whose attention was no longer on the board and what he was teaching, but instead, Violet and I.

"N-No, Mr. Suarez," I meekly responded, biting down on my bottom lip.

He shot me a warning glance. "Whether you're fluent in Spanish or not, I need you paying attention."

"Yes, sir," I said, nodding with a soft smile.

He matched my smile, averting his attention back to the board. Mr. Suarez was the teacher every girl paid attention to. Well, his looks.

I bit down on my bottom lip as my eyes followed his every move. He wasn't wrong, I definitely was not paying attention to what he was teaching.

I felt eyes on me, so I looked away from him to scan the room. Leo's eyes were staring holes into me from over his shoulder, his hand tightly wrapped around his water bottle.

I sighed and rested my chin in my palm, averting my attention back to Mr. Suarez.

"Homework is page 108 in your workbook. Miss King, what's the homework?"

"Page 108 in the workbook," I answered, smiling.

"That's right," he said, "get some rest, don't spend your Friday night getting into trouble. I did that, and look where it got me?"

"Being the best teacher at Seattle Prep?" I asked, smiling.

He chuckled. "If you thought so highly of me, I'd figure you'd pay me more attention."

I shot him a grin, packing up my bag. The bell rang and Leo was the first out of the class, making Violet and I follow close behind.

"Leo's totally pissed," she said, giggling.

"Have a good weekend, Mr. Suarez," I said, smiling at him from over my shoulder.

"You, too. Tell your father I said hello."

"Will do," I said, walking out of the room. Violet nudged my arm, making me look over at her.

"Hey, Ari!" A cheerleader greeted, a warm smile on her face.

"Hi, Alex," I said, waving.

"Look at him, with his stupid soccer crew," Violet sneered.

"In case you haven't noticed," I began, opening my locker, "I don't exactly lose sleep over him anymore."

"I'm sure your walls would tell me different," she deadpanned.

"Nope," I said, smiling.

"I know you're not yelling out Rusty," she said, "who even names their kid that?"

"Violet," I said, tilting my head over.

"I'm just saying," she said, "oh, shit, I've got to run. Text you tonight!"

I smiled as she ran off, closing my locker.

"Hey, Ari," a football player greeted, smiling.

I smiled and waved, biting down on my bottom lip. I had zero recollection of who he was or what his name was.