43

Adora

"Exactly eight months today," I said, smiling as I cradled my belly.

The press was surrounding Santiago and I. This was the first time we'd been seen out together since news of my pregnancy got out, so everyone wanted the inside scoop.

"How has your pregnancy been?"

I looked over at Santiago, smiling as I cleared my throat. "Challenging, to say the least, but it's a beautiful thing."

I smiled, looking over at the next person asking a question. There were quite a lot of them, and I was surprised at how many people wanted to know about my pregnancy.

"Is it a boy or a girl?"

I pursed my lips together and looked up at Santiago yet again, making him shake his head.

"We're going to keep that to ourselves."

"Do you plan to have the baby in the spotlight, like your boys were?"

"We're going to try to keep her inside," he said, clearing his throat, "we don't want it to be too stressful, with her just coming out of labor."

I just smiled up at him. He seemed to be a pro at this, probably because he'd been doing it for twenty plus years now.

"How did the twins react to your pregnancy?" One of the reporters asked, making me just smile.

"They were ecstatic," I said, grinning, "they're very ready to have a baby sibling."

She smiled and pulled her microphone away from me, making me just clear my throat.

"Okay, we're done," Santiago said, pulling me along with him as he held up a hand.

"You're a pro," I said, smiling up at him.

"Well, twenty years under your belt may make you that," he said, opening the door of the coffee shop for me.

I walked inside and the small amount of people made me let out a breath of fresh air. I tried to keep it cool outside, but I was extremely overwhelmed at the amount of people. It was too much on the baby and I.

"You go sit down, okay?" He asked, pressing a kiss to my temple.

I smiled and walked over to a table, sitting down. I pulled out my phone and had a few missed messages.

[From: Luciana]
Ahh today marks 8 months amor!!💕💕 can't wait to see how beautiful she is❤️ abuela loves her!

[From: Alessandra]
Congrats on 8 months ! you're close to labor now. Let's get your hospital bag together soon!!!!

[From: Elizabeth]
8 months carrying Santiago King's kid. Congrats babe

[From: Victoria]
Happy 8 months to uu! I can't wait for A and I to be designated babysitters 💕 aunt ViVi and uncle A!

I smiled and took a few minutes to respond to all of them, sliding my phone back in my pocket. I really did have an amazing mother-in-law and amazing friends.

Santiago walked over to the table and slid my coffee across the table to me, sitting down.

I took a sip and sighed, smiling. "This is good."

He smiled and I closed my eyes, leaning my head back. I'd gotten a sudden wave of sleepiness, my head felt like it was spinning for no known reason.

"Hey, smile, I want to take a picture of you," he said, grinning as he held his phone up.

He snapped the picture and I just let out a sigh, dropping my coffee.