30

Adora

I sighed as I pulled the covers back. "I miss Paris."

"I'm sure Paris misses you," Santiago said, looking back at me as he grasped the hem of his shirt, pulling it over his head.

I sighed and fell back on the bed. "I'm so tired, I feel like I haven't slept in ages."

"It's just jet lag, probably," he said, "plus being pregnant. Probably not the best combination."

He pulled the covers back on his side, climbing in bed beside me.

"I had such a nice time," I said, turning over to face him, "I'm not sure if I've fully expressed that yet."

He chuckled and pressed a delicate kiss to my forehead. "You have. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, I enjoyed it, too."

I smiled and reached over beside my bed, turning off my lamp.

"You're feeling better, yeah?" Santiago asked, picking his laptop up from the ground, placing it on his lap.

"Yeah," I said, "yeah, thank goodness. I don't know what hit me."

"I bet you're just not accustomed to the stretching your body's doing," he said, flexing his prominent jaw muscle, "I'm sure that's all it is."

"Yeah," I said, "probably. I have a checkup tomorrow, you're going to be able to come, right?"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world," he said, "when do we find out the gender?"

"Exactly two weeks from tomorrow," I said, grinning over at him, "I actually have a countdown on my phone for it."

He chuckled and closed his laptop. "Sorry, I had to fax some stuff to myself so they could be in my office in the morning."

"I figured," I said, reaching up to press a kiss to his lips.

He pressed a few extra kisses to my lips, grinning. "I can't wait to see what the baby's doing in there."

"Me either, whatever it's doing, it's really taking a toll on mom," I said, letting out a sigh as I fell on my back, "God, this feels so good."

"This might be the wrong time to say this, but I'm a little turned on."

I just laughed and he did the same, falling beside me. "You want me to rub your back, or anything?"

I shook my head. "No, I'm fine. Maybe tomorrow, I bet I'll be able to feel it tomorrow."

He sighed. "I guess it's back to the real world tomorrow. No more beignets in Paris, no more cool coffee."

I just laughed and looked over at him. "Yeah, I guess so. Sadly."

He just rolled over on his side and propped himself up on his elbow. He used his free hand to rest on my belly, a smile forming on his face.

"Seeing your bump made me ten times more excited. If that was even possible," he said, pressing a kiss to my belly.

I raked my fingers through his hair, pursing my lips together. "I think she's excited to meet you."

He just chuckled. "I can bet all the money in the bank that she's not as excited to meet me as I am to meet her."

~*~

Santiago

I woke up to the sound of Adora's muffled cries, my eyebrows going into a deep furrow.

"Hey, baby, what's wrong?" I asked, shaking her shoulder.

"Santiago, I don't know," she sobbed out, her hand over her mouth.