45

two weeks later

Adora

"Okay," Alessandra said, walking in the door, "Victoria and I got everything you need for your hospital bag."

"Diapers, comfy clothes for after the birth, adorable onesies for the baby," Victoria said, smiling as she held one up.

I just smiled and grabbed it, rubbing my fingers along the soft material.

Alessandra plopped down on the couch. "How many times have I given birth now? Gosh, I can't even keep up."

"Hey, Mom," Fred greeted, wiping off his hair with a towel, "what are you doing here?"

"Helping Adora get her hospital bag together," she said, smiling, "kiss."

Fred leaned down and pressed a kiss to her cheek. "I'm going to shower."

"Yeah, you need to, you wreak," Victoria said, making Fred intentionally brush past her.

"That's the smell of man."

"A lot of it," she grimaced, rolling her eyes.

"You love it," he said, grinning as he ran upstairs.

Alessandra rolled her eyes and pulled out the bag she'd gotten me.

"Alessandra, you didn't have to do that," I said, "I-it's gorgeous, thank you."

She smiled and placed the bag in between us. "So, are you wanting to breastfeed? You are, right?"

"U-uh, yeah," I said, my breath quickening up.

I was nervous. There was a possibility that I wouldn't be able to do all of these things. Breastfeed my child, even really see her.

I just sighed and cleared my throat, making Victoria sit down beside me. "Adora, it's going to be okay. We're not going to let anything happen to you."

"I wish that was up to you guys," I said, smiling over at her.

"Hi," Luciana sang, opening the door, "it's so bright out, Seattle sun and Barcelona sun are a tad bit different."

Luciana had decided she was staying for the long haul. Until everything was settled down with the baby, and Val was even coming when he got the chance.

I'd personally asked Val to come. Santiago needed him right now more than he ever had.

"Asad's bringing breakfast," Victoria said, looking down at her phone, "so no one has to worry about it."

Santiago walked out of his office and his eyes met mine, making him flex his jaw muscle and look away.

I just watched him, closing my eyes after. He was hurt. He was hurt like he'd never been hurt before.

I cleared my throat and grabbed the onesie, smiling. "The cute little giraffe on the bum. I'm in love."

"I know, I saw it and I was like, oh my gosh, I'm not leaving here without this," Victoria said, grabbing it again with a smile.

"Maybe you and Asad should get to baby making," Alessandra suggested, a smile on her face.

"Ha," she said, pursing her lips together, "yeah, that's a no right now. He won't even propose."

"Tea," Fred said, nodding with furrowed brows as he walked downstairs.

"Did you even get a shower yet?"

"Uh, no," he said, "I'm thinking about just not getting one."

"Fred, if you come over here, I'm telling you, you will probably get deadlegged."