bf 2

Four years later (from bf 1)

Adora

I kicked the door shut behind me, my lips pulling up into a smile as the sound of the piano filled the house.

I placed my bags on the counter and hugged my jacket to me, walking into the foyer.

I smiled when I saw Santiago and Arabella sitting at the grand piano, playing the most beautiful tune.

I walked over to them, wrapping my arms around both of them. "Mommy's home."

"Hi, Mommy," Arabella greeted, looking up at me.

Arabella's eyes had a particular sparkle to them that no one else's had. Her smile was crooked, but it was the most beautiful I'd ever seen.

"What are you guys playing?" I asked, rubbing my hand across Santiago's shoulder.

"Ari's lullaby," he said, "like on Twilight, Bella's Lullaby, but daddy made a few tweaks, didn't he?"

Arabella nodded, grinning.

"Well, can you play the whole thing for me?" I asked, smiling.

"Yeah," Arabella exclaimed.

"Show mommy how you play, okay?" Santiago said, nodding down at her.

She grinned, placing her hands on the keys.

Santiago had been teaching Arabella piano pretty much since she'd started walking. He wanted her to be like the boys, to get that talent.

It was a joy, seeing her learn, seeing him teach her.

Be the best father he could possibly be.

"Wow, you're getting so good, k-"

"Shh, Mommy," Arabella said, focused on the keys.

I just smiled, kneeling down behind them.

I couldn't help but to admire both of them, Santiago of course had too many talents to count, and Arabella was quickly becoming the same.

"Isn't that pretty, Mommy?" Arabella asked, turning around with a wide smile on her face.

"The most beautiful thing I've ever heard," I said, rubbing her cheek with my thumb, her contagious smile making me smile.

"Daddy's a good teacher," she said, grinning up at Santiago.

"You're a good little learner," he said, rubbing her head, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

He stood up and I did the same, picking Arabella up. "Goodness, child, you're a brick."

"Hey!" She squealed, making me giggle.

"Bricks aren't that heavy, chill," I said, showering her in kisses.

She giggled and I placed her down on the ground, watching as she ran over to Santiago.

"How was your afternoon?" I asked, shrugging out of my jacket.

He nodded, picking Arabella up. "Good. I took miss thang shopping, she has expensive taste, just like her mother."

I just giggled, walking into the kitchen. "And her father."

He just turned around to face me, his thick eyebrows in a furrow. "I'm going to have to go in for a few hours this evening, I have a lot of papers to fill out."

I just nodded, opening the fridge. "Okay."

Arabella jumped down from his arms and he smiled, watching as she ran into the living room.